One of our direct client is urgently looking for Sr. Automation Engineer for our Direct client requirement
TITLE: Test Automation Engineer
LOCATION: Durham NC
DURATION: 6 Months
Note: WFH or onsite in Durham, NC, depending on Covid-19 conditions. Initially WFH.
As a Test Automation Engineer for the Metadata Engineering team, you will help transition our metadata pipeline to a new platform. Specific tasks will include automating tests to verify the quality of the data produced by the new pipeline. You'll work in a distributed Agile scrum environment to deliver new and innovative products for internal and external Music Metadata customers.
Project Details - Project is about moving old ETL pipelne to new ETL Pipeline.
- Old ETL pipeline that involves: SQL, SQL Server, WCF, RESTful APIs, Windows Services, BizTalk.
- new ETL pipeline that involves: SQL, SQL Server, PDI/Kettle, MongoDB, Linux, Java.
- moving data streams from the old pipeline to the new pipeline. Ultimately the data ends up in a SQL Server database in both cases.
- Main work would involve automated tests to compare the data at various points between these two pipelines to ensure they’re functioning equivalently. “Data comparison” testing is important part of project and working on test automation framework for same.
Required skills and experience
4+ years of progressive hands-on experience as a software or test automation engineer.
Experience with a major RDBMS including at least one of the following: SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL or Oracle.
- Strong automated test development skills.
- Strong SQL programming skills.
- Strong programming skills with a scripting language like Python.
- Strong programming skills in an object-oriented language like Java.
- Experience with the Linux CLI and bash scripting.
- Experience with git or svn.
- Experience working with data in a variety of formats including JSON and XML.
- Experience with CI tools such Jenkins.
- Strong communications skills.
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience with a NoSQL database such as Mongo.
- Experience with ETL tools such as SSIS or PDI/Kettle.