Primary Location: United States (US)- North Dakota - Fargo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Test Design Engineer (50080698)- 68889
As a Test Design Engineer at John Deere Electronic Solutions, located in Fargo, ND, you will design new, and enhance existing test systems for robust electronics intended for on/off road vehicles and harsh environments. In addition, you will:
- Perform requirements capture, analysis, design, programming, debugging, hardware integration and verification
- Perform tasks, with some supervision, to meet quality, delivery and cost goals
- Operate in a team environment, providing guidance to design solutions and actively participating in design reviews
- Create and review innovative Hardware and Software (HW/SW) testing architectures and designs for challenging problems with some peer guidance or supervision
- Implement code with basic usage of Labview development practices and tools
- Solve integration issues that involve multiple code modules, code bases, and/or multiple developers
- Employ independent troubleshooting strategies; quickly determine root cause with some support from others
- Work closely with other project team members as needed to ensure the final combined product has compatible software, electronic hardware, and mechanical hardware which functions properly together and performs at levels specified in the test requirement or specifications
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Experience that required demonstration of effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience (internship/educational experience applies) using Labview or other equivalent programming languages
- Experience with Data Acquisition systems (DAQ) and other basic hardware systems
- Technical experience using and understanding schematics and circuit analysis tools
- Experience with development and debugging tools (such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, multi-meters, etc.) to perform development and troubleshooting
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience in SW development (Labview, C, C++, XML, Python, embedded Linux, etc.)
- Current experience with John Deere electronic products and development processes
- Experience with communication protocols (i.e. CAN, Ethernet, USB, etc.)
- Experience using MathCAD, Orcad and/or Pspice
- Experience with statistical analysis (SPC, GR&R, Monte Carlo, etc.)
- Electronics manufacturing testing experience
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering from an accredited engineering program.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click hereto find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.