Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiary, Noblis ESI, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at Noblis -About Us
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Join a dynamic, collaborative team in developing solutions for the FAA's NextGen Air Transportation System. The Enterprise Information Display System (E-IDS) program consolidates five legacy, stove-piped systems into a common NAS-wide platform and integrates the capability into a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) infrastructure using modern data formats and communication systems.
The Engineer will be focused on supporting the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) integration; acceptance; system and operational testing for its Enterprise Information Display Systems. E-IDS will replace 5 different legacy systems used by Air Traffic Controllers to display supplemental information used in the movement of aircraft in all flight regimes (En Route, Terminal, Surface and Oceanic). The Engineer must support the FAA test lab development, accreditation, and management; review of contractor test plans and procedures as well as witnessing contractor factory testing; system integration; and system and operational test design/execution.
- Bachelors degree in a related field and a minimum of 8 years of related experience
- Strong communication skills
- Stakeholder management experience
- FAA AMS Testing including the Test and Evaluation Handbook
- FAA Test Lab design and construction experience
- Test Plan and Procedure Development/Execution to ensure requirement compliance and operational suitability
- System Integration planning and execution experience
- Network Engineering knowledge
- Lab Management experience
- Test tool specifications development experience
- Experience in operating, analyzing, testing and troubleshooting Windows and Linux based systems
- Work at the FAA William J Hughes Technical Center in Atlantic City, NJ
- Knowledge of the FAA's Acquisition, Management System, and its artifacts
- Experience with integration of systems into the National Airspace System (NAS)
- Experience across system life-cycle (design, development, integration, test, implementation)
- Proficiency with DOORS
- Project schedule development experience