Position Description Overview
An ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of the Vision Plus suite of applications. Strong technical knowledge of financial transaction processing debit and credit (POS, ATM and Pre-Paid) with a background in validating new development and updates to existing functionality.
- Functional: Manages a testing project. Understands and communicates the scope of testing required to meet the needs of the project or desired business capabilities.
- Reviews and approves test plans.
- Assists with managing post-design scope changes and resolving issues throughout the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Builds a knowledge base or proficiency framework on the test team(s) and applications and acquire subject matter expertise on the overall line of business pertaining to the test team(s).
- Analyzes and prioritizes defects based upon business and programming specifications.
- Technical: Performs testing activities to include: planning, design, scripting, execution, debugging and reporting tasks.
- Leads, develops, monitors, and executes test activities for small to medium sized projects.
- Provides guidance to team members on the scripting and execution activities to accomplish the test plan and design requirements.
- Researches new tools and testing approaches, and executes upon/monitoring the implementation of such items.
- Post test execution activities include error debugging, reporting needs and internal and external communications.
Scope of Job
Works with multiple programs/systems on projects of moderate to high complexity within multiple development environments. Demonstrate high productivity and the ability to effectively multi-task across different initiatives. Provides technical leadership, mentoring and coaching to less experienced individuals. Oversees training of team members.
- 6+years of related Technical experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience and/or Certifications.
- Project Management experience.
- Technical: Subject Matter expert in mainframe and/or distributed automation/performance testing.
- Extensive knowledge of information systems elements (hardware, software, network) and their application to business functions/processes.
- Knowledge of automated testing tools, database concepts and MS Office.
- Informed and cognizant of the key processes in the business and the business rules that impact the development and/or implementation of information systems.
- Moderate to high level knowledge of business rules and programming logic in order to effectively trouble shoot defects that arise.
- Drives continuous improvement through all processes, including but not limited to, team standards, test planning, resourcing and test execution, as well as debugging, metric collection, and reporting.
Learn more about Fiserv: Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services” But we are. We help people and businesses move money and information every minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions, corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely. We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000 associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so their customers, members and consumers can move money when and where they need it, at the point of thought. Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the sixth consecutive year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet
- On Site Cafeteria
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Donation-Matching Program
- Military Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vacation/paid time off
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Holidays