Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
Take a look inside any successful organization and you'll likely discover data management technology powering every process. It is that critical and foundational to the success of any solution. SAS Data Management is one platform and our technologies are designed with IT and business collaboration in mind. Data drives everything and we need to make sure it’s right.
What you’ll do
As a Test Engineer – Data Management at SAS, you will join a team dedicated to providing quality products to our customers that not only manage data but provide the opportunity to unleash its potential.
- Work in an energetic, fast-paced dynamic environment with a diverse team of curious and passionate innovators.
- Affect the quality of software products by using creative design and testing skills.
- Design, develop, and optimize automated test ware.
- Design, develop, and execute test plan, scenarios, and/or processes to evaluate the quality of customer deliverables.
- Analyze test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action.
- Identify and clearly report reproducible defects and verify resolutions.
- Participate in project scoping and scheduling; track progress of individual tasks and communicate status and risks.
- Involve stakeholders to ensure consistency in product and/or feature integration.
- Suggest process improvements.
- Collaborate with management, developers, and other testers to identify and mitigate risks.
- Review customer documentation.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- 1+ years of experience with multiple operating systems (Ex. Windows, Unix, Linux, Mac).
- Experience with any scripting languages (Python preferred).
- Experience with any continuous integration systems (Jenkins preferred).
- Knowledge of C and Java.
The nice to haves
- Experience using native DBMS interfaces.
- Experience working with Open Source software.
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of one or more databases/data sources (ex. Teradata, Oracle).
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Apply creative approaches to efficiently solve testing or programming problems.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Think analytically and to effectively communicate problems and fixes.
- Work independently and as a member of a team.
- Adapt to changing priorities.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
This position will be seated out of SAS Headquarters in Cary, North Carolina
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.