Interacts with other engineering groups and customersto define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret test for products, systems, components, or modifications. Develop test strategies and hardware to support production and depot level processes.
- Identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions
- Develops systems and computer programs for digital data acquisition to be used in testing new products and as part of the quality control system within the manufacturing process
- Reviews customer requirements and specifications to ensure that tests will confirm that these are satisfied
- Prepares proposals for testing programs, outlines specific testing conditions, and develops operating procedures
- Establishes procedures for ongoing quality control testing as part of the regular production process
- Defines internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Documents and analyzes test cases and provides feedback and recommendations for product or design changes (DFT)
- Familiar with open source software and various test development software solutions
- Ensures testing procedures are in compliance with any required industry specific standards.
- Contributes to the development of improvements to overall testing and quality programs for improved results
- May coordinate with vendors or suppliers to modify or develop testing for components or other parts
- Designs, develops, and tests electrical equipment, components, or systems
- Applies mathematical and engineering principles and methods to electrical system designs.
- Contributes to research efforts to develop a solution or a new product
- May lead and direct the work of others
- Typically reports to a supervisor or manager
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred. Experience may be substituted for education.
- 8 or moreyears of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Creative mind to troubleshoot, find and resolve problems.
- Ability to prepare testing proposals, analyses of results, and recommendations for changes.
- Ability to report prototype or product flaws diplomatically and suggest necessary changes in a positive manner.
- We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform post offer, pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to walk and stand on level and/or inclined surfaces for certain periods throughout the day
- Must be able to climb stairs, ramps, ladders, and work stands, working at heights with fall protection devices.
- Must be able to crouch, crawl, grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbow/knee and reach above/below shoulders.
- May be required to lift up to 25 pounds and carry for short distances.
- Must be able to distinguish color and judge three-dimensional depth.
- Normally works in an office setting with controlled temperature.
Equal Opportunity Employer/VEVRAA/ADA
TNC and its subsidiaries fall under ANCSA and are entitled under Federal Law to extend hiring preferences to its shareholders. ANCSA provides TNC the authority to give shareholder preference in hiring. TNC reaffirms its belief in equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Tyonek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor who affords equal employment opportunity to protected veterans and people with disabilities: Tyonek Native Corporation provides all employees and job applicants' equal employment opportunities in hiring and promotion without discrimination because of age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, marital status, race, religion, color, veteran status, physical or mental disability, national origin, or any other reason prohibited by law.