Intelligent Waves, a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business Fed/DoD Contractor, has a need for Test Instrumentation Engineers to support our USAF contract at Hill AFB, Utah, responsible for test instrumentation management and data validation for testing activities.
- Provide instrumentation modifications, improvements, and operations for 53rd Wing test aircraft test instrumentation packages at HILL AFB, UT.
- Evaluate, upgrade, modify and operate instrumentation systems before, during, and after test missions. This work shall include design, integration, functional checkouts, and mission data capture activities.
- Manage instrumentation equipment, conduct pre- and post-mission activities, and perform functional checkouts, and post mission data management for the Wing instrumentation systems to include but not limited to the Data Acquisition Recording & Telemetry (DART); Quick Response Instrumentation Package (QRIP); Re-Radiation Telemetry Acquisition System (RTAS); C2R Highly Ruggedized TSPI System (GLite); Telemetry; Beacon; Common Range Integrated Instrumentation System (CRIIS); Advanced Data Acquisition Package (ADAP); Advanced Replacement Instrumentation Pod (ARIP); Air-to-Air Range Instrumentation (AARI) pallet; and Aircraft instrumentation group-A provisions (orange wire and telemetry antennas associated with aforementioned systems/subsystems) in accordance with this statement of objectives.
- Design, integrate and test instrumentation systems for the purpose of test aircraft use and system operational testing. Each system may be required to incur multiple modifications based on T2 aircraft configurations and test instrumentation mission objectives.
- Existing configuration and technical systems documentation are provided on site for all design and modification activities.
- The following test instrumentation system improvements will be required.
- Data Acquisition Recording & Telemetry (DART) Aircraft instrumentation group-A/B provisions on F-35 Operational Test aircraft.
- Quick Response Instrumentation Package (QRIP I) Aircraft instrumentation group-A/B provisions on F-35, F-22 or F-15E Operational Test aircraft.
- Re-Radiation Telemetry Acquisition System (RTAS) and Aircraft instrumentation group-A/B provisions on F-35 Operational Test aircraft.
- Ruggedized TSPI System and Aircraft instrumentation group- A/B provisions on F-35 Operational Test aircraft.
- Telemetry and Aircraft instrumentation group- A/B provisions on F-35 Operational Test aircraft.
- Beacon and Aircraft instrumentation group- A/B provisions on F-35 Operational Test aircraft.
- Common Range Integrated Instrumentation System (CRIIS) and Aircraft instrumentation group- A/B provisions on F-22 & F-35 Operational Test aircraft.
- Air-to-Air Range Instrumentation (AARI) pallet and Aircraft instrumentation group- A/B provisions on F-35 Operational Test aircraft.
- AN/ASQ-236 Pod and Aircraft instrumentation group- A/B provisions on F-35 Operational Test aircraft.
- Advanced Replacement Instrumentation Pod (ARIP) and Aircraft instrumentation group- A/B provisions will be maintained by Ets.
- Advanced Data Acquisition Package (ADAP) and Aircraft instrumentation group- A/B provisions on F-35 Operational Test aircraft will be maintained by Ets.
- ALQ-213 & AIFF Aircraft instrumentation group- A/B provisions on F-16.
- Cockpit Display Unit (CDU) Aircraft instrumentation group- A/B provisions on F-16 aircraft with High Speed Data Network (HSDN) interface.
- Advanced Display Core Processor (ADCP II) Aircraft instrumentation group- A/B provisions on F-15E.
- Coordinate instrumentation requirements, schedules, work plans and other functions between the Operations division and Aircraft Maintenance Unit (AMU) to verify mission readiness for test events as defined by the 59 TES.
- In support of design, modification and operations activities the Contractor shall move, store or load instrumentation systems; conduct system functional checks, cockpit integrity checks, data uploads/downloads, and mission configurations. Solid State Recorders (SSRs) and associated media test data shall be stored in the designated 59 TES vault. Workloads may include instrumentation systems fault isolation and rework to bring test instrumentation systems back into operational readiness for mission requirements.
- Update existing instrumentation systems design packages, utilize local forms and reporting procedures to document system upgrades and operational configuration changes that shall include instrumentation system serial numbers, Group B components in accordance with AFI 21-101 and engineering data provided by 59 TES. The Contractor shall identify instrumentation systems designated for repair.
- Test parameters in a variety of environmental, field, or laboratory conditions.
- Plan, develop, modify, troubleshoot, and maintain one-of-a kind airborne instrumentation systems and upgrade their capabilities based on application of emerging technology in aircrafts such as F-15E, F-22, and F-35.
- Plan, design, develop, or construct electronics sensing and measurement devices and applications using newer technology found in aerospace research, development, test and evaluation.
- Control electronic data collection systems using non-conventional modification hardware and understand their capabilities and plan, develop, construct, and integrate new devices into the system to perform multiple tasks not previously associated with aerospace and/or other test and evaluation system capabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have active DOD Secret clearance with ability to obtain and TS/SCI.
- A thorough knowledge of electronic principles and practices, operating parameters, capabilities, and limitations of electronic systems and components associated with airborne and ground instrumentation systems.
- Knowledge of basic electronic concepts and ability to convert theoretical ideas to functional components and systems.
- Skilled in the interpretation of technical data such as drawings, schematics, blueprints, and
specifications of complete electronic systems.
- Ability to design, fabricate, install and maintain specialized instrumentation systems which measure and record.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment and ability to provide technical leadership to other technicians and support personnel.
- Ability to perform calibration and troubleshooting for installed instrumentation systems, including video recording, digital data recording, weapon function monitoring, and other data collection system.
- Comprehensive, intensive, practical knowledge and skilled in applying, technical electronic engineering principles, practices, techniques, procedures, and policies sufficient to design, fabricate, install, check, maintain, and test one-of-a-kind electronic aerospace and specialized instrumentation systems which measure and record test parameters using emerging technology and off-the-shelf materials.
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of various pieces of electronic test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, PLA/PLC programmers, telemetry systems, spectrum analyzers, oscillators, amplifiers, and power supplies.
- Knowledge of electronic concepts, principles, and techniques applicable to test and evaluation of airborne systems, including radar, missiles, simulations, and instrumentation systems.
- Knowledge must be sufficient to coordinate and work with operating personnel in related fields and test support personnel as required and to plan, accomplish, and analyze test results.
- Knowledge of airborne range facilities and the availability and capability of computer facilities.
- Knowledge required to coordinate data reduction and analyze data to ensure instrumentation compatibility with data reduction capabilities and to monitor validity of data and operational dependability of instrumentation.
- Knowledge of engineering workstation hardware and software sufficient to maintain systems in operating condition with up to date software.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate well with senior military leaders and civilian government officials.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
Since 2006, Intelligent Waves has remained committed to providing quality engineering, operations, and intelligence solutions to our clients and it all starts with YOU.
Intelligent Waves provides a great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and vision, paid PTO leave and, life & disability packages. We also invest in our employees' futures by providing a contribution with vesting starting from DAY 1, technical training, tuition bonuses, and much, much more.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this position, Intelligent
Waves will consider only applicants with security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
Intelligent Waves LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity protected veteran status and individuals with disabilities, or any other class protected by applicable state or federal law.
A Veteran Friendly Organization