Prepare and connect apparatus for tests and operate test facilities and controls to perform static tests on a variety of turbine and auxiliary products where methods, sequences and tooling are normally established. Work with and/or assist journey level testers as required. Qualify, secure, and maintain a security clearance for all tester functions.
This is Union represented position.
- Experience with steam plant operations either onboard a U.S. Navy vessel or within a commercial facility
- Strong mechanical aptitude, ability to quickly learn and develop skills
- Excellent motivation to provide an individual contribution to the team
- Develop and expertise and become a technical expert in particular areas within the department
- Ability to qualify and maintainall required watch stations
- Ability toobtain a secret clearance
- Pass skills and evaluation test
- Ability toobtain a stationary operating engineer license
- Active security clearance
- Stationary operating engineer license
- Strong troubleshooting background on steam plant equipment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.