Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Testing Analyst, Retail. This position is located in Livermore, California.
Albertsons Companies is looking for a dynamic Test Analyst who is technical and understands the big picture. You will be working on Retail Projects. The bar for delivering high quality applications is high. Your test plans are strategic. You dive deep but also ensure full end-to-end testing coverage. You take pride in your work and enjoy finding defects and narrowing down issues. You have solid verbal and written communication skills. You can work with team members onshore and offshore. You work effectively with Project Management and Development. You have a passion for quality. You deeply care about the end user experience.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for all the system quality deliverables of the project(s)
• Leads project(s) and assists with guiding the workflow of junior peers as needed
• Works closely with the stakeholders to understand goals, requirements and architecture of the project(s)
• Ensures that the Performance Test Lead is looped into the project as needed
• Develops and reviews the Test Plan with stakeholder
• Executes tests as needed following the testing standards and processes
• Tracks test case execution status and manages defects within JIRA
• Coordinates defect resolution with development stakeholders and represents test team during project defect triage meetings
• Escalates project Risks and Issues to Test Managers
• Provides regular quality status updates to stakeholders
• 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
• 4+ years of testing experience in Retail POS applications (Toshiba IBM 4690 experience preferred)
• Unix, MQ, Web based, and Database testing experience
• Experience in Mobile Device testing and Cross Platform and Cross Browser Testing.
• Experience with authoring and executing test plans
• Experience uncovering and clearly documenting defects with attention to detail
• Experience with effectively leveraging tools such as JIRA, ZEPHYR for JIRA, HP ALM etc.
• Understands and uses testing methodologies and processes
• Experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile)
• Good organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrixed organization
• Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training and a strong aptitude for delivering quality products
• Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 suite of products
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled