Drilling Engineer Tester (Houston, Texas)
Apex Systems, nation’s 2nd largest IT Staffing firm, is looking to hire a Drilling Engineer Tester on a 1 year contract basis in Houston.
- Define Testing objectives based on Acceptance Criteria
- Develop Test Cases based on Test Objectives and Acceptance Criteria
- Write comprehensive Test Cases to verify project functionality
- Adhere to testing standards • Execute Test Cases according to plan and document results
- Track and communicate progress against the Test Plan
- Create Test Data
- Provide objective assessment of Product Quality Technical Competencies
- Understanding of core WellPlanning concepts including Torque and Drag forces affecting drillstrings, casings, liners
- Understanding of Engineering Calculations such as stuck point, back-off force, jar setting and tripping forces
- Understanding of Well Engineering components including Bit, Borehole, Collar, Jar, Motor, Reamer, Rotary Steerable, Stabilizer, Turbine, etc.,
- Understanding of Pressure drop calculations, bit hydraulics, down hole cleaning operations
- Understanding of BHA performance modeling for steerable and rotary BHA
- Understanding of BHA behaviors including critical rotary speeds and high stress conditions modeling •Understanding of standard and advanced Casing/Tubing Designs
- Understanding of Well Planning principles for Measure While Drilling, Vertical Drilling and Directional Drilling
- Experience with Well Planning tools such as Landmark's WellPlan, Compass, StressCheck, CasingSeat and WellCat and/or other comparable Drilling related software applications.
- Familiarity with competitive, Third Party, Well Planning products
- General understanding of Software Development and/or Testing methodologies
- Working knowledge of databases (Oracle, SQL Server), SQL, data modeling, database design, synthetic data generation, data migration/conversion
- Desired MS in Petroleum related Engineering with 6+ year’s industry experience in Drilling/Petroleum Engineering and/or Software Development or related disciplines.
- Minimum BS in Petroleum related Engineering with a minimum of 4 years industry experience in Drilling/Petroleum Engineering and/or Software Development or related disciplines
*Please note that as a contract employee with Apex Systems, you'd be eligible for Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; Short Term Disability; Hospitalization Coverage; Direct Deposit; Weekly Pay; Training and Development Programs; Corporate Discounts/Perks and our Referral Program.*
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178