Community Health Action of Staten Island (CHASI) has been a trusted source for high-quality health and social services on Staten Island since 1988. CHASI breaks down the barriers to care by providing access to an extensive range of high-quality behavioral health care, and social support services � all coordinated and tailored to patient needs. Some examples of our programs include but are not limited to: Health Homes, SI Cares, HIV Care Coordination, Substance Use Disorders, and Domestic Violence. CHASI takes great pride in bringing communities back to health.
The Testing and Outreach Specialist is housed within the Prevention & Intervention Department and is responsible for providing HIV/HCV testing-related services to at-risk individuals for HIV/HVC infection. The Testing and Outreach Specialist also conducts social media outreach and recruitment to at-risk individuals, education on consistent and proper use of male/ female condoms, and assistance with linkage and navigation services such as STD, medical care, and/or any other social supportive services. The Testing and Outreach Specialist is responsible for the supervision for peers to aid recruitment of program targeted population.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct social media outreach and recruitment.
- Complete social media monthly reports and submit to Supervisor as well as Director of Communications.
- Provide HIV/HCV testing to at risk individuals.
- Provide referrals and resource information as well as linkage to STD, Medical or any other ancillary services and follow up, as needed.
- Deliver community-based education and risk reduction education and materials to targeted populations and the community.
- Provide referral and resource information and link individuals who test positive for HIV and/or HCV to medical and supportive services.
- Provide direct follow up with identified HIV and/or HCV infected persons and all high risk people who receive referrals..
- Identify new community partners and groups where HIV rapid test can be provided.
- Complete accurate documentation all services provided and ensure that all services are entered in assigned program database.
- Attend contractual and agency training to maintain information updates on relevant issues.
- Secure and maintain HIV and HCV test results and documentation in double-locked environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years experience in HCV test counseling and phlebotomy required.
- Minimum 4 years of linkage and navigation experience required.
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
- Flexibility to work during the weekend required.
Status: Full Time