Weekly Rate: Starting at $300 - D.O.E.
The Program Specialist will enrich camper’s experience by designing and implementing Archery, Field Games, Sports and other activities that are safe, fun, and appropriate to the campers’ age and abi...JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Must be 18 years of age.
• High School Diploma/GED is required.
• College coursework preferred.
• Level 1 Archery Certification or ability to acquire by June 2, 2019.
• Adherence to all Personnel Policies for Summer Camp Staff.
• Exhibits responsible behavior at all times.
• Exhibits good judgment and risk management assessment skills.
• Ability to work with, communicate with and teach children ages six through seventeen.
• Continuous ability to work well on a team.
• Camp experience preferred.
• Knowledge of Girl Scout programming, awards, and culture preferred.
• Fluent in Spanish and English is preferred.
• Membership in GSUSA is required.
• Must reside on camp property.
• Frequent sitting, standing, walking, bending and twisting upper body.
• Capable of lifting up to 50lbs.
• Strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers.
• Continuous outdoor activity and exposure to weather.
• Willingness to live in a camp setting and work irregular hours with limited equipment and facilities, with daily exposure to sun, heat, and insects.
OTHER WORKING CONDITIONS
• Continuous requirement for professional demeanor and appropriate camp staff attire.
• A criminal background check is required.
• Continuous work as a team member and ability to work independently with some supervision.
• Frequent work under stress and under pressure of deadlines with overlapping projects.
• Continuous ability to work well with others.
Important Note: The information contained in this job description is intended to outline the general nature and scope of work being performed by an employee assigned to this position. It is not intended to be construed as a contract, or as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and capabilities required of a person employed in this capacity. Job descriptions are subject to change at the discretion of the Girl Scouts of Central Texas.
Girl Scouts of Central Texas is an equal opportunity employer.