Theater - Adjunct
Mike Curb College ofMusic, Entertainment & Art
Minimum Qualifications:Must have significant straight and musical theater experiences. MFA from an accredited institution with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in field. College teaching experience preferred.
- Teach courses in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures, as well as Basic Course
- Prepare and submit timely grade reports and other reports on student performance as may be scheduled or required.
- Organize class activities and assignments, relating them to the overall learning outcomes of the course.
- Provide input and work with other faculty and staff to review, produce and/ or select course-related materials.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the subject area(s) in which the individual is responsible for instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of effective communication and of effective instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the characteristics and challenges of community college students.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of curriculum development.
- Computer literate and able to navigate in a Windows environment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This is a pool position for temporary, part-time adjunct teaching position. Applicants will be accepted on a continuing basis and reviewed when positions become available. Applications will remain active for one full calendar year.
All Adjunct positions are part-time, temporary assignments (for no more than one semester at a time) dependent upon student enrollment and the instructional needs of the College.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application by scrolling to bottom of this page and selecting the appropriate apply button. A completed online application consists of: an electronic job application, current vita/resume, and unofficial transcripts. Transcripts showing the degree and the date it was conferred should be electronically attached to your online application. Unofficial transcripts may be attached though official transcripts will be required should the applicant be considered for a position.
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks and fingerprinting are required.
For more information, please contact us at telephone 386.506.4505, or 386.506.3238 for a TDD connection, or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site http://www.daytonastate.edu/hr/equalaccess.html or contact: Lonnie Thompson, Director of Equity and Inclusion 386-506-3973 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach
Daytona State College, Human Resources Department, 1200 W. International Speedway Boulevard, Daytona Beach FL 32114