Welcome to Career Opportunities at Lindenwood University.
PLEASE READ: For all applications, please include your resume and cover letter. You may skip the “Quick Apply” page by simply clicking “Next” at the bottom of the page. When you arrive at the “Experience” page, you may upload all desired documents using the upload box labeled “Resume/CV.” This is the appropriate box to upload all documents.
If you are a current or prospective student applying for a student employee position, please use your student email address in the email field on the application.
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
Job Title: Theatre Technician Assistant, Student Employee
Job Weekly Hours: 15
Job Week Assignment: 36
Rate of Pay: $9.50 per hour
Work Cycle: August 15th through May 15th
Campus Location: St. Charles, MO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
A theatre technician assistant works under the direction of the theatre program faculty and the theatre production staff of the Lindenwood Theatre. Their job focuses on the technical aspects of theatre production as it pertains to both academic and professional shows in the space. These technical aspects span audio, lighting, set construction, costume construction, painting, loading and striking.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and level of responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
- Set or costume construction and scenic painting for academic theatre productions which will include the use of basic hand tools, power tools, industrial machines and the ability to read and follow instructions
- Set up and tear down of staging, seating, and soft goods for all productions and events in the Lindenwood theatre and the black box theatre
- Hang, focus, and general maintenance of lighting instruments for all productions and events in the Lindenwood theatre and the black box theatre
- Set up of audio equipment including soundboards, speaker systems, and microphones for all productions and events in the Lindenwood theatre and the black box theatre
- Running light boards or audio boards for events in the Lindenwood and black box theatres.
- Construction of costumes and fabrication of items for academic theatre productions which will include the use of basic hand tools, power tools and industrial machines for cutting and assembly
- The position requires that an individual be cognoscente of the impact their work has on the production value and success of productions in the building.
Communication, Collaboration, and Teamwork
- A theatre technician assistant must collaborate with peers under the direction of their supervisor
- It is expected that workers will be respectful of others that they work with even when opinions, beliefs, or ideas of their fellow workers or supervisors differ from that of their own.
Planning, Organizing, and Accountability
- Takes ownership over their working area. Included in which is their safety and the safety of those around them. Including but not limited to the appropriate utilization of PPE.
- Cognizance of workflow throughout the shop – including when applicable to infeed/outfeed of power equipment. Ensuring to never allow setup of such applications to overlap with other shop operations.
Initiative, Problem-Solving, and Decision Making
- Ability to manage people when health and safety issues arise.
Support the Mission of the University
- Supports the mission of the university and serves as an ambassador of the university
Job may require other duties as assigned
Required Qualifications – Required qualifications to effectively perform the job. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered. (Additional requirements may be designated by position.)
- Good academic, social and financial standing with the university required
- Current enrollment in classes at Lindenwood University required
- Experience and/or education in theatre
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities – May be representative, but not all-inclusive, of those knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the job competently.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
Work Environment – Environmental or atmospheric conditions commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job.
- Shop environment working Wood, Metal, fabrics, thermoplastics, paints & dyes and other materials
- Backstage of a large theater and smaller blackbox theatre
Physical Abilities - Activities that are commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Workers primarily rarely sit and are often assisting in the carrying or loading of sets
- Regular attendance is a necessary and essential function.
- Fine motor skills and visual acuity required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lindenwood University is an Equal Opportunity employer. The University complies with appropriate federal, state, and local laws and provides equal employment opportunities and access to education programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other protected status to all qualified applicants and employees. Lindenwood University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and dedicated to providing a positive discrimination-free educational work environment.