The Therapeutic Recreation Coordinator for our Transitional Sub-Acute Unit and Acute Rehabilitation Unit, is responsible to develop, direct, organize, plan, and implement the therapeutic recreational needs of the residents to include their physical, social, emotional, vocational, spiritual, and cognitive needs. The coordinator supervises the recreational staff therapists, activities aides, volunteers and students.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university in Therapeutic Recreation, CRTS preferred or related field or Bachelor's degree in an unrelated filed with a minimum of two years experience in a similar role.
- Prefer a minimum of two years of experience in working with adults with disabilities/functional impairments.
Certification and Licensure Requirements:
- NCTRC (Required)
- BLS CERTIFICATION (Preferred)
- ADC (Preferred)
Experience and Skills:
- 2 - 3 years in comparable practice setting (Preferred)
- Required Skills: Excellent Communications, written and oral skills, Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Leadership skills, Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook