Job Title: Therapist (MA/MS)
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Summary: Under general supervision, uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to perform responsible and difficult professional casework. Position provides intensive therapy involving complex social problems and treatment plans. Position may provide a wide array of social work functions such as assessment interviews, counseling, or case evaluation. Determines appropriate methods of treatment, and/or provides other social services to individuals, groups or families. Position may also provide referrals to appropriate community services or financial assistance. Provides accurate and understandable interpretations of program guidelines via a client orientation program as well as maintains proper records according to organization, state, and federal guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screen, assess, diagnosis, create treatment plans, and conduct therapeutic intervention with clients. May include observation of clients and/or conducting psychological testing.
- Conduct group therapy sessions as needed.
- Provides interpretation of assessment, and diagnosis and ensures understanding of treatment plan. May include interpretation of medical records as needed.
- Formulate measurable goals and objective in accordance with client’s needs.
- Participate in treatment team conferences which may include other professionals, family members and referral sources.
- Research and locate available help outlets based on identified needs of the client. May include both in-house and external referrals. Provides coordination of services. May participate in services as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Follow up on the various services the client was referred to ensure participation and program compliance. May involve reviews conducted in clients’ home or other location.
- Review, discuss and determine progress towards goals and formulate measure goals
- Document all services in compliance with the agency’s quality assurance plan. Report on program progress at required intervals per funding guidelines.
- If fully-licensed, may sign off on patient charts.
- If fully-licensed, may supervise interns.
- May conduct psychological testing and substance abuse counseling as appropriate based on qualifications and assigned functional area.
- May translate and interpret information for non-English speaking clients as needed.
- May lead the work of others including coaching and mentoring paraprofessionals, clerical staff and interns.
- Maintain agency confidentiality and client’s privacy in accordance to the agency’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains currency in areas of psychosocial rehabilitation and therapeutic intervention techniques.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Shall follow the funding sources requirements and CARF standards applicable to the services you provide.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Biological, psychological, and sociological concepts and trends.
- Intermediate to advanced concepts, practices and procedures of crisis intervention techniques.
- Community resources including social services agencies and crisis intervention providers.
- Processes, rules and regulations of various services and funding agencies surrounding the eligibility and maintenance of the services being received.
- Operating standard office equipments and using required software applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed.
- Objectively gather information, identify linkages and trends and apply findings to assignments.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Handle stressful situations and provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Speak and write in English. Ability to interpret, speak and write in Arabic, Spanish or other native language of the predominant service population a plus.
- Maintain confidentiality of agency and client information.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Degree Required:
- Master’s Degree
- Required Disciplines:
- Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field
- At least 2 years experience working in a mental health setting as a Full Licensed Master Social Worker, Full Licensed Professional Counselor, Full Licensed Psychologist, or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved by Human Resources. Experience in a substance abuse setting may be required based on assigned functional area.
- Licenses/Certifications Required at Date of Hire:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW)
- Licensed Psychologist (LP)
- Limited License Professional Counselor (LLPC)
- Limited License Master Social Worker (LLMSW)
- Limited License Psychologist (LLP)
- CAFAS certified if position is responsible for child therapy.
- MCBAP Certified Addiction Counselor or Certified Advance Addiction and Drug Counselor may be required based on assigned functional area or ability to obtain within 6 months.
Hours: Normal business hours. Some additional hours may be required.
Travel required: local travel
Working Environment: Climate controlled office environment.