Reports To: Unit Director
Training: CPI, QPRT, Annual, Safety, six (6) hours in discipline, Heart Saver First Aid CPR/AED
Career Development: Therapist Non-LIP ® Therapist LIP ® Sr. Therapist ® Prog mgr àDirector
Under the supervision of a licensed independent practitioner, the Therapist may provide individual, family, group, addiction and other modalities to clients and their families according to demonstrated competence. The Therapist is supervised in these tasks by a licensed independent practitioner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists consumers in creating WRAPs' and MH Advance Directives
* Provides competent therapeutic services, within scope of demonstrated competence
* Teaches and models Wellness and Recovery principles and Psychiatric Rehabilitation clinical interventions
* Completes biopsychosocial assessments and prepares a comprehensive treatment plan for all new admissions
* Engages support systems and referral sources in assessment process
* Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to any age/disability group assigned.
* Assesses client for an Initial Treatment Plan and appropriately re-assesses the client's needs throughout treatment
* Completes Master Treatment Plans that are behaviorally specific and with goals and objectives that are related to client problem areas.
* Provides therapeutic services, within scope of demonstrated competence, as required.
* Provides competent crisis intervention
* Assists with case management and interagency coordination of services for clients. Makes appropriate referrals
* Participates, with other team members and consumers/family/others as appropriate, in the completion and updating of treatment plans for each consumer within established time frames or as indicated by consumer need.
* Documents all consumer interactions, including sessions with consumers/families/others as appropriate within established time frames
* Writes in a professional and competent manner completing progress notes accurately, addressing treatment goals, major treatment issues and changes in mental status.
* Proficient in the knowledge and skills described in the core competency curriculum for each assigned age/disability group.
* Develops an adequate professional working relationship with all referral sources and relevant agencies while providing care management and intra/interagency coordination of services for consumers.
* Responds to consumer defined crises 24 hrs per day, 365 days per year, providing crisis intervention and consultation to consumers, their families and others
* Monitors medication intake by assessing symptoms, side effects and medication compliance, reporting to team.
* Works cooperatively with staff and supervisor and seeks supervision in a professional manner
* Demonstrates a willingness to serve on professional committees, attend staff meetings, attend in-services, etc.
* Effectively facilitates social and recreational activities.
* Effectively facilitates psycho educational groups.
* Spends time in consumer's residence and community in order to realize goals of the consumer's treatment plan engaging in supportive counseling and providing education in daily living skills.
* Maintains a NJ driver's license.
* Practices safe and courteous driving habits and transports consumers as needed.
* Performs on-call responsibilities as assigned.
* Writes in a professional and competent manner.
* Documentation must be completed within one (1) calendar day of service delivery
* Productivity goals shall meet % as designated by department
Education: Master's Degree in behavioral health with either NJ LAC or LSW licensure required.
Experience: Two (2) years in behavioral health setting. One year required working with adult
mentally ill population. Valid NJ Driver's License required.
Preferred Qualifications: Additional years' experience in mental health outreach setting preferred. NJ LCSW/LPC preferred
Equipment Use: Computer, copier, facsimile
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled