Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) knows what it takes to lead, inspire and succeed. One of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital companies, UHS owns and operates through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
UHS built an impressive record of achievement and performance, steadily growing from a startup company with zero revenue into a Fortune 500 corporation with annual revenue that exceeds 9 billion. The company's operating philosophy has proven to be effective: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, then invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive and become a dominant healthcare provider in its community.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS ranks on the Fortune 500 list of America's largest corporations with over 74,000 employees, and is consistently listed among Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" and one of the 30 Most Meaningful Companies To Work For in America by Business Insider.
Suncoast Behavioral Health Center is a private, acute inpatient psychiatric facility designed to provide quality services in a supportive environment to children, adolescents and adults.
The Hospital is looking for a Licensed Therapistwho would be responsible for conducting therapeutic services for patients. They provide counseling sessions for families, individuals and groups. Therapists are responsible for interviewing and developing the psychological history, assessing the therapeutic needs of the individual and family, developing appropriate treatment objectives and monthly treatment summaries. Therapists act as the patients’ and families’ primary contact during the patient’s stay at the facility, as well as their advocate with the treatment team. Therapists are also liaisons with outside agencies and individuals for the purpose of developing and coordinating discharge planning with the treatment team and family.
Suncoast Behavioral Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Career development opportunities within UHS and its Subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in social work, mental health counseling.
Experience: One (1) year direct clinical experience specific to family, individual and group therapy with children and/or adolescents. For specialized issues or treatment modalities, training must be specific to these; abuse reactive, sexual offending, substance abuse, sexual trauma, vocational, play therapy, art therapy and relaxation therapy. Must have knowledge of human development over the life span.
License/Certification: Current license from the State of Florida, such as LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, LMFTI or LMHCI required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in order to document assessments, treatment planning and interventions into a meaningful document. Must be able to communicate with members of the interdisciplinary treatment team, managed care representatives, children, adolescents, adults and patient families in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of individual, group and family therapy dynamics and techniques as related to cultural, social, economic, communication and role expectations within family systems.
- Knowledge of clinical skills to assess treatment dynamics accurately and develop effective treatment strategies within the overall treatment plan.
- Employees assigned to children and adolescents must have the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of child and adolescent needs, knowledge of growth and developmental stages and must possess an understanding of the range of treatment needed by this age group.
Physical Requirements: Work is mentally demanding. Extensive walking, standing and sitting. Must be able to participate in the physical restraint and seclusion of patients. Must be able to participate in and complete Handle With Care Training on an annual basis.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.