Annie Malone Children and Family Services has an exciting opportunity for a Therapist!
Annie Malone Children and Family Services strives to improve the quality of life for children, families, older adults, and the community by providing social services, educational programs, and advocacy.
The Therapist provides assessment, treatment planning, and therapy to children and families that have been accepted into the outpatient programs. The person in this position also provides case management and community connections for said families and children.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide clinical counseling services to clients with a focus on those affected by trauma including individual, family, and/or group therapy in office, school environment or other natural environment.
- Complete various assessments and reports such as safety plans, treatment plans, discharge summaries, aftercare plans, and follow-up reports as required and in a timely manner.
- Trained in Safe Crisis Management (SCM)
- Utilize case management software to complete incident reports, case notes, and other essential documentation related to clients.
- Ensure that all documentation is complete prior shift-end to include after-hours intake and discharge procedures for clients.
- Crisis intervention.
- Provides some case management.
- Maintain accurate and timely documentation on all interactions with clients in case management system.
- Provides wrap around services with needed community support to include school and helps client develop self-regulation skills and crisis plans.
- Attends team and staffing meetings.
- Maintains client files according to standards and as required by policy and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality and HIPAA standards for all assigned clients and families.
- Completes all required training, including any training hours required by professional licensure board.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Master's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Human Services, or closely related field required.
- Missouri licensure in clinical social work LMSW or professional counseling PLPC required.
- LCSW or LPC preferred.
- Three (3) or more years of experience counseling and working with children required.
- Eligibility to provide Medicaid services is a plus.
- Knowledge of child welfare, residential treatment, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, other evidence based clinical models, trauma informed care and managed care practices is preferred.
- Strong computer competency to complete electronic documentation.
- Basic computer competency to complete electronic documentation.
- Must possess a Valid Driver's License required.
- Must have current automobile insurance for transporting clients.
- Willingness to obtain a Class E Driver's License within 30 days of hire required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Located in the administrative building. This position will require working off-site for events and meetings. Assigned hours are at the discretion of the Program Manager.
The Therapist will do the majority part of his/her work at a computer and must be able to spend extended periods of time typing and reading at a computer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively. The physical requirements of this job includes: sitting, standing, walking; lifting up to 100 lbs,pulling and/or pushing on occasion. The Therapist must also be able to perform all Safe Crisis Management (SCM) certified physical intervention techniques to provide crisis intervention and for annual certification. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties the Therapist will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position.
No phone calls please.
Only complete applications will be considered for employment. Applications can be completed at www.anniemalone.com.
Annie Malone Children and Family Service Center provides equal employment and social service opportunity to all regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, ability, gender, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.