Come work with a great team! Diamond Healthcare manages the behavioral health services for MedStar Washington Hospital Center and has the following opening:
Outpatient Therapist to provide psychotherapy to adult (18 years old+) patients and their families as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Provides individual, group and family therapy under the supervision of the Clinical Director
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment planning
- Provides crisis intervention/consultation as needed
- Participates in agency-wide training programs and in-services
- Participates in the clinical therapist peer-review process
- Provides quality and timely clinical documentation, per Joint Commission and other regulatory agencies’ requirements
- Proficiency and experience in multiple therapeutic modalities, including but not limited to: CBT, Insight-oriented Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, DBT Skills, family, and group therapy
- Proficiency in interpersonal communication and interdisciplinary teamwork
- Experience and skill in treating patients with various types and presentations of psychiatric/behavioral health disorders
- Proficiency in conducting psychosocial assessments
- Proficiency in developing interdisciplinary treatment plans
Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years experience in assessing, diagnosing and developing treatment plans for patients with psychiatric/behavioral health disorders. Experience facilitating patients' access to community resources and conducting therapeutic groups is required. Must be flexible to adjust to the needs of a fast-paced environment, demonstrate effective problem solving skills, and display excellent oral/written communication skills. Previous adult behavioral health and substance use treatment experience is preferred. Candidates must have active District of Columbia LICSW, LPC or Psychologist license or be eligible for endorsement.
Employment Type: Full Time
Years Experience: 1 - 3 years