To apply, YOU MUST FILL OUT OUR ONLINE APPLICATION at:
One-Click Resumes without accompanying Online Application WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Are you a rockstar massage therapist/bodyworker/physical therapist/acupuncturist/chiropractor/naturopath/nutritionist/health coach looking to become part of a family-run integrative health practice that is changing lives and the world?
We're looking for a team of talented therapists that can support our rapidly expanding BrainCAMPs so we can have an even bigger impact on the world.
This role is a dynamic position requiring someone with an interest and experience in healthcare, therapy, and/or neurology, and a desire to expand the BrainSAVE! impact. This role requires a self-starter dedicated to promoting concussion treatments and prevention. This position reports directly to Dr. Titus Chiu, Functional Neurologist and Bestselling Author of BrainSAVE!
The role is a temporary, weekly commitment of 40 hours a week. We require working a minimum of 2 BrainCAMP weeks (options listed below.) The duration of this contract will be based upon the agreed terms and responsibilities outlined below.
A BRAINSAVE! SPECIALIST
You are a warm, caring, and friendly team player with a positive mental attitude, a passion for helping people, and a commitment to healthy living. You have an extraordinary attention to detail and are extremely organized, self-motivated, reliable, can multitask and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. You have fantastic people and communication skills as well as the ability to engage patients in a variety of physical activities.
A willingness to be coached, to support the doctor and follow instructions to the tee is a must.
Previous therapy experience is highly preferred. And huge bonus points if in a holistic healthcare setting!
- Temporary Contract - Minimum 2 Full Week Commitments
- Weekdays - Monday through Friday - 40 hr Full Shift Required
- Starting pay is $1,000/week based on experience, skills and level of commitment
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES Including but not limited to:
- Welcoming and greeting patients
- Running therapies (including cold laser therapy, oxygen therapy, infrared sauna, brain-training circuits and more)
- Overseeing patients' activities
- Instructing patients in the use of equipment
- Documenting patients' progress in medical software
- Communicating with the rest of the care team
- Basic housekeeping
- Organizing patient files
- Assisting the doctor
- Discussing the effectiveness of particular treatments with your supervisor
- Attending meetings with other members of the BrainSAVE! Care Team
GROUP INTERVIEW (MANDATORY)
- Friday, August 9, 2019 from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
TRAINING DATES (MANDATORY)
- Thursday, August 15, 2019 from 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
- Friday, August 16, 2019 from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
BrainCAMP WEEKS (SELECT 2+)
- August 19 - 23
- August 26 - 30
- September 9 -13
- September 16 - 20
- September 30 - Oct 4
- October 7 - 14
We require that all specialists commit to a minimum of 2 BrainCAMPs.
Compensation is increased after working 5 or more BrainCAMPs.
- Training : $250 *Paid after 2nd Completed BrainCAMP
- BrainCAMP 2-4 : $1,000 / weekly
- BrainCAMP 5+ : $1,500 / weekly
- Ideally based in East Bay (Berkeley, Oakland, Emeryville)
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Highly-developed oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to modify communication style appropriately for different audiences and a strong sense of empathy
- Highly-developed organizational skills with a keen attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- The ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team, and to both take direction and work autonomously where appropriate
- Strong sense of customer service, creating a professional, warm and welcoming environment for patients who have traveled near and far for this unique experience
- Experience working with: Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Forms, Google Sheets, Google drive (required), Slack (preferred) and Asana (preferred), Mac OS, iPads
- English fluent speaker
- A commitment to being compassionate, open-minded, and authentic
- A respectful and non-judgmental approach in all tasks
- Friendly, reliable, punctual and openness to receive feedback and correction
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree completed
- Patient care experience in a medical setting
- Health Care Practitioner/Therapist experience highly preferred
- Customer Service background (including in the food or retail industry)
To apply, YOU MUST FILL OUT OUR ONLINE APPLICATION at http://www.BrainSAVE.com/jobs
Resumes without accompanying Online Application WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
For the online application, you are required to submit your resume and answer questions about your qualifications and interest in the job. Tell us WHY you want this job and HOW you will be the best fit. All of us at BrainSAVE! look forward to meeting you!
BrainSAVE! is an integrative concussion recovery program in Berkeley, CA dedicated to improving the lives of patients affected by concussion, traumatic brain injury and other chronic neurological conditions. Now in our fourth year, we offer 5-day immersive BrainCAMPs. We envision a world where people affected by concussion is offered cutting-edge therapies in a warm, friendly and healing environment.