Third Party Management Advisor – Third Party Management (TPM) – Business Operations/Management Consulting
Are you an operational entrepreneur interested in evaluating and re-engineering processes to deliver increased value to an organization? Will learning about and supporting a new category that will bring increased exposure to leadership and the organization bring the best out of you? The Third Party Management (TPM) Advisor is a role that is engaged in TPM operations, process design, supplier governance, contract management, portfolio strategy, reporting, and matrix partner collaboration. This function helps maximize internal TPM operations and Supplier performance while minimizing risk to Cigna, our clients and our customers.
The TPM must have experience in dealing with dynamic business requirements that are tied to strategic level business objectives. In order to effectively engage this resource must have experience in one or more of the following: operations, process design, procurement or supplier management. The resource must have experience in dealing with various management levels to achieve desired outcomes through sourced engagements. The resource must be able to deal with ambiguity as business objectives evolve, and must be able to identify and mitigate Cigna’s risk as necessary.
Operational Excellence, Supplier Governance & Contract Management
- Develop, manage and facilitate operational processes, templates reviews, etc for metrics, portfolio activities and performance (OKR’s) to bring TPM team under a streamlined structure
- Set and ensure adherence to a consistent governance process for assigned suppliers
- Monitor overall performance of assigned suppliers against agreed upon service level agreements and/or other measurement criteria
- Understand, compile, manage, and communicate required information for supplier performance reviews on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis including profiles, reports and scorecards as necessary
- Perform recurring Enterprise Business Review sessions with business/matrix partners and suppliers on a quarterly or semi-annual basis in order to provide strategic guidance to suppliers
- Review and revise Enterprise Agreements, Service Level Agreements, Change Orders and Statements of Work with suppliers to optimize benefit and minimize risk to Cigna
- Conduct or oversee reconciliation of invoices for adherence with contract terms
Portfolio Strategy & Reporting
- Support the delivery of a portfolio plan that will drive business needs with improved quality as well as reduced costs
- Deliver a reporting strategy for TPM and Global Procurement that includes action-oriented reporting to support management decision making in the domain of Global Procurement & Third Party Management
- Directly or indirectly (through business and matrix partners) manage key supplier relationships in assigned portfolio using Cigna's Global Procurement & Third Party Management best practices
- Work with Global Procurement counterparts and business/matrix partners to define and execute negotiation strategies with Suppliers
- Function as the subject matter expert related to contract terms, conditions, and financials for key suppliers in assigned portfolio
- Understands industry cost structures and drivers and implications for strategic position
Matrix Partner Coordination
- Facilitate partnerships throughout Legal, CIP, IT, and many other internal teams to ensure both Cigna and GP&TPM best practices are followed in regards to competitive activity, in addition to mitigating risk
- Provide guidance on process and streamline interaction among Global Procurement team and matrix partners in regards to operations, approval and contract process
- Assist with the constructive handling or resolution of conflict both internally and externally with suppliers, business and matrix partners
- Influence internal customers and Global Procurement team to ensure contract inclusion of proper metrics to measure supplier performance
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in operations, global procurement or third party management strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field strongly preferred
- Competence with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint with strong emphasis on Excel
- Familiarity with Source to pay and Risk Management tools such as Ariba, and Hiperos
- Experience in drafting, revising and reviewing contracts, SLAs, Master Service Agreements and Statements of Work
- Demonstrates negotiation and third party management skills with proven success; able to negotiate directly with internal and external partners
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills among various levels of leadership
- Ability to excel and prioritize workload in an environment of high ambiguity and quick pace
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. We offer an integrated suite of health services through Cigna, Express Scripts, and our affiliates including medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products. Together, with our 74,000 employees worldwide, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation.
When you work with Cigna, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives while working together to make the world a healthier place. What difference will you make? To see our culture in action, search #TeamCigna on Instagram.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.