What you’ll be doing...
The Threat Monitoring team is considered the front-line of defense for Verizon’s networks and computing environment. The Threat Monitoring - SOC Analyst is considered a crucial role in the defense of Verizon’s networks and computing environment. Monitoring and analysis of potential and active threats targeting Verizon defines this role. Analysts must be agile, willing to learn, and think outside of the box in order to operate effectively in an ever changing threat landscape. This junior level position provides an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats.
Shift work will be required and shift assignments will be based on business needs.
- Monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of different technologies across multiple platforms in order to identify and mitigate security incidents affecting the Verizon enterprise. This includes analysis of logs from:
- Anti-virus and end-point protection.
- Servers and workstations.
- Other security technologies and devices.
- Assess the security impact of security alerts and traffic anomalies to identify malicious activities and take mitigating actions or escalates up to senior members of the team as appropriate.
- Leverage fundamental understanding of Operating Systems (Windows, Unix/Linux, and OSX) in support of identifying security incidents and to have a proper overview of risk profile.
- Execute analysis of email based threats to include understanding of email communications, platforms, headers, transactions, and identification of malicious tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Utilize and adhere to defined workflow and processes driving the Threat Monitoring and escalation/handoff actions.
- Analyze potential cyber threats from a variety of intakes taking appropriate response actions to include threat containment and/or escalation.
- Process tactical mitigations based on results of analysis and determination of threat validity.
- Follow escalation and handoff procedures to team members and leadership based on defined threat and priority determination.
- Utilize a variety of security tools and technologies to analyze potential threats to determine impact, scope, and recovery.
- Leverage network security tools and capabilities to support Cyber Threat Monitoring activities.
- Document results of cyber threat analysis effectively and prepares comprehensive handoff and/or escalation for Incident Reponses or other teams within the TMC.
- Support in writing technical articles for knowledge sharing within the team, when necessary.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or one or more years of work experience.
- Willingness to work a flexible / assigned shift.
Even better if you have:
- Combination of Cyber Security related degree, certifications and/or Security work experience.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and threats related to cyber-attacks and attackers.
- Knowledge of threats, attacks, logs, operating systems and key security technology (firewalls, anti-malware, proxies).
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners.
- Effective organizational and technical skills.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional Security Operations Center (SOC) or threat monitoring work experience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments.
- Certification (A+, Network+, Security+).
When you join Verizon...
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.