Mastech Digital provides digital and mainstream technology staff as well as Digital Transformation Services for leading American Corporations. We are currently seeking a Tier 1 Customer Service Technician for our client in the Federal domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 7 Months Contract
Location: Alexandria, VA
Compensation: Best Market Rates
Role: Tier 1 Customer Service Technician
Primary Skills: HelpDesk
Role Description: The Tier 1 Customer Service Technician would need to have at least 1-3 years of experience.
- Provides phone support in compliance with established policies and procedures in order to attain contractual Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics.
- Diagnoses internal and external inquiries and work requests as they relate to maintenance of USPTO desktop and universal laptop computers and USPTO customized applications/systems.
- Provides end-user software troubleshooting and support to USPTO internal and external users/customers.
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate root cause analyses; and recommend solutions using Remedy 7.6 IT Service Management Suite.
- Provides troubleshooting and support for over 200 customized applications supporting over 10;000 users.
- Assists in the administration of remote user workstations and resolution of remote connectivity issues; as needed.
- Provides help-desk and email support for local and off-site users.
- Maintains current knowledge of the Windows 7 desktop environment; networking; access technologies; and applications supporting USPTO users.
- Installs; configures; and upgrades computer hardware and software; as needed.
- Participates in special projects; as needed.
- Associates Degree in a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
- 1-3 years of directly related experience supporting HELP DESK operations; preferably supporting a large-scale government customer.
- Experience providing technical support for microcomputer hardware; networks; account administration; and office automation software via telephone; as appropriate.
- Must possess basic skills to support configuration and troubleshooting of MS Windows 7.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Information Technology or another related field
Experience: Minimum 1-3 years
Relocation: This position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Tunur Tyagi
Recruiter Phone: 877.884.8834 (Ext: 2168)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minimum Education Required: Associate
Years of Experience Required: At Least 1 Year
Expected Travel Time: None