Tier 1 Support Technicians provide technical support and problem resolution to ACES customers and drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical (Problem Solver, Team Player)
- Responsible for handling the first level of support of service requests. Must be able to identify, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve client technical service requests. This includes but is not limited to: Computer hardware and operating systems, printers, backup applications, software application installation, configuration, patching and upgrades.
- Provide support in accordance with established processes and document incidents and remedies. Must be able to research the problem for solution and escalate complex incidents to second-level support personnel.
- Work as a team member to collaboratively resolve customer requests and technical issues with other team members, partners and vendors.
- Be able to work in varied environments and at different locations.
Customer Service (Do The Right Thing, Approachable)
- Communicate directly frequently, and effectively with customers, prospects, vendors, and team members in a clear, friendly and professional manner
- Respond to all customer, team member, and vendor requests in a timely manner
- Protect Customer and ACES organizational value by keeping information confidential
- Maintain a positive work environment and address issues as they arise
Commitment (Loyal & Dedicated, Passionate)
- Always remember that the CUSTOMERS are the FIRST PRIORITY, always.
- Obtain and maintain certification in accordance to the technical job requirements and what is necessary for them to be in compliance with ACES company standards.
- Regularly attend scheduled company meetings
- Be available for regular attendance as scheduled and complete extra hours in order to meet goals that are considered essential functions of the job and condition of employment.
- Actively participate in company and departmental meetings
- Read and adhere to all company and departmental policies
- Follow processes as defined by the company and department
- Demonstrate effective time management and prioritization skills by planning ahead and accurately scheduling time and recording ticket detail
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests and exploring opportunities that add value to the job.
- Work will be performed primarily remotely in our office.
- This position includes the need for research and training to solve customer issues and stay current with technology advancements
- Work will be at a minimum of 8 hours per day, five days a week. Somedays will consist of early or late meetings with ACES staff.
- Travel is required; travel would be related to on-site technical service and projects for customers. Some travel may require overnight lodging at company expense on related projects or on-going training/certifications.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or college diploma in a relevant area is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years previous technical experience. A+ Certification and Microsoft MTA preferred. Must have core technical knowledge to assist in problem resolution and business continuity in the IT industry
- The body positions require sitting and standing. Body movements of walking, twisting, turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending, and flexing the arms, legs, wrist and hands. The ability to lift up to 75lbs is required. The senses of seeing, hearing, and the full power of speech in English are required.
- Must be able to work with a variety of personalities both inside and outside of ACES
- Must possess customer Relations Skills in order to resolve any technical related issues with the customer as deemed by the Service Manager.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance. Must have the ability to drive personal vehicle or a company owned vehicle, if available, for required on-site visits.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer