A Tier 2 Security Support Technician provides technical support, and problem resolution to ACES customers and drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Technical (Problem Solver, Team Player)
- Manage, coordinate, and install latest vendor-approved OS firmware on UTM/Next-Gen devices.
- Understand TCP and UDP including the ability to identify root causes of illusive problems through packet capture analysis
- Utilize knowledge that will assist with the implementation of an effective security plan that ensures the overall security position of ACES that is aligned with business needs and the changing threat landscape
- Perform activities in accordance with industry standards and security protocols including but not limited to; PCI, HIPAA, SOX
- Configure UTM/Next-Gen Devices based on company best practices with industry best practices as a baseline. Configurations include but not limited to: Interfaces/network configuration, ACL’s, Routes, Next-Gen Firewall features sets, site to site VPN tunnels, integrate firewall with firewall management and analyzer applications, HA configuration, SIEM integration, VPN policies to integrate VPN access with Active Directory.
- Participate in on-site network and security audits related to PCI, SOX, HIPAA and other related industry related compliance audits.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry standard policies, regulations and compliance.
- Identify, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve client technical service requests. This includes but is not limited to: Computer hardware and operating systems, software application installation, configuration, patching and upgrades.
- Provide assistance to customers on usability and functionality of software and hardware products
- Identify, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve advanced network connectivity and security issues. This includes but is not limited to: Enterprise routing and switching, Advanced UTEM/Next-Gen devices, VPNs, VLANs, VOIP, server, workstation or printer connectivity to the network or Internet.
- Demonstrates ability to work independent solving mid-level escalated issues. Works with little to no direct supervision.
- Be able to work in varied environments and at different location as needed
- Work as a team member to collaboratively resolve customer requests and technical issues with other team members, partners and vendors.
- Provide assistance and guidance to junior technical staff as needed.
Customer Service (Do The Right Thing, Approachable)
- Communicate directly frequently, and effectively with customers, prospects, vendors, and team members in a clear, friendly and professional manner
- Respond to all customer, team member, and vendor requests in a timely manner
- Protect Customer and ACES organizational value by keeping information confidential
- Demonstrates leadership skills, good communication and high level of rapport with clients
- Maintain a positive work environment and address issues as they arise
Commitment (Loyal & Dedicated, Passionate)
- Always remember that the CUSTOMERS are the FIRST PRIORITY, always.
- Obtain and maintain certification in accordance to the technical job requirements and what is necessary for them to be in compliance with ACES company standards.
- Be available for regular attendance as scheduled and complete extra hours in order to meet goals that are considered essential functions of the job and condition of employment.
- Regularly attend and actively participate in company and departmental meetings
- Read and adhere to all company and departmental policies
- Follow processes as defined by the company and department
- Demonstrate effective time management and prioritization skills by planning ahead and accurately scheduling time and recording ticket detail
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests and exploring opportunities that add value to the job.
- Work will be performed primarily remotely in our office but will include customer on-site visits.
- This position includes the need for research and training to solve customer issues and stay current with technology advancements
- Work will be at a minimum of 8 hours per day, five days a week. Some days will consist of early or late meetings with ACES staff.
- Travel may be required; travel would be related to on-site technical service and projects for customers on an as needed basis. Some travel may require overnight lodging at company expense on related projects or on-going training/certifications.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or college diploma in a relevant area is preferred
- Requires 5+ years previous experience working in an information security or network management field in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years of technical experience working with one or more of the following; Fortinet, Sonicwall, or Palo Alto
- Industry certification preferred. Must be willing to obtain company directed security certification.
- Technical experience working with one or more of the following; Intrusion Prevention, Filtering including technologies such as Fortigate, Cisco Umbrella open-DNS, Websense, Sourcefire, or AirDefense
- The body positions require sitting and standing. Body movements of walking, twisting, turning the head and torso, reaching, grasping, bending, and flexing the arms, legs, wrist and hands. The ability to lift up to 75lbs is required. The senses of seeing, hearing, and the full power of speech in English are required.
- Must be able to work with a variety of personalities both inside and outside of ACES
- Must possess Customer Relations Skills in order to resolve any technical related issues with the customer as deemed by the Service Manager.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance. Must have the ability to drive personal vehicle or a company owned vehicle, if available, for required on-site visits.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer