Our Client's Cyber Security Team is looking for a Tier III Senior Cyber Security Analyst to join our team.
- Experience implementing Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) products such as QRadar and Splunk in a complex network environment and assist security analysts in building operational processes around the SIEM ecosystems
- Develop IDS/IPS and SIEM content and rules
- Perform analyst activities using security devices such as QRADAR SIEM (or similar), Packet Capture, Forensics, Proofpoint, IPS, firewalls, endpoint security, and FireEye
- Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities for a large organization, coordinate with other enterprise IT teams to record and report incidents. Work incidents from cradle to grave
- Conduct forensics and investigations as needed using security tools such as ProofPoint, SIEM, and EnCase
- Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and analysis of security tools
Senior Security Analyst will support Tier III analysis and response utilizing excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be capable of working with a security team of varying experience levels to effectively monitor and investigate security incidents as well as make recommendations to improve the security posture of a large organization. Independent tasking and project completion with little supervision is a must. A candidate should have some or all of the following traits: Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with users, team members and senior management; Subject Matter Expert-level skills in Incident Response and Intrusion Monitoring. Candidate must have a strong foundation of Network and Security skills, fundamental knowledge of Windows, Linux and Cisco operating systems, networking protocols and network traffic analysis.
- 5 to 8 years with BS/BA - 3 to 5 years with MS/MA
- Technical certifications are a plus
- This position requires a comprehensive knowledge and mastery of this field and the ability to complete difficult and complex assignments on time within a fast paced environment.
- Investigates, interprets, and responds to technical and/or complex IT security data. Demonstrated ability to work with matrixed resources in a team environment. Possesses strong organizational, time management and diplomacy skills.
- Engineering related certifications, extensive experience with IT security tools, working technical knowledge of network, server, storage and desktop hardware and software
- Desirable certifications include CISSP, GREM, GCIH, GCIA, CEH, GCED, GCFA, OSCP
- Prior experience successfully providing the full range of IT cyber security tasks.
- Strong working knowledge with industry IT security tools
- Able to work independently and complete projects with little supervision
Candidates must be US citizens able to obtain and/or maintain a Department of Defense Top Secret - SCI with Polygraph security clearance as a condition of employment
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178