Perform all welding needs, alignments, and tolerances while providing top quality workmanship.
· Weld, solder, and wire particular parts
· Create transfer lines
· Provide leak checks and other necessary tests on products
· Tube fabrication
· Cut and trim tubes for lines
· Create parts according to print
· Clean, align, identify, bend/shape, and adjust parts as necessary
· Visual inspection of all welds and leak testing as required
· Training as directed
LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY
No supervisory responsibilities for this position.
· Technical/trade school diploma
· At least 1-3 years’ experience welding thin gauge stainless steel (0.020-0.030”) and
· Experience in the welding of vacuum equipment is highly desirable
· Welding Certificate
· Read blueprint and Solid Work model
· Basic computer skills and data acquisition
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
· Lift up to 70lbs
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk,
· The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate
· Talk, hear, and understand the speech of another person.
· Specific vison requirement includes close vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
· Concentration for extended periods of time through a heavily shaded lens during
Work Environment and Hazards
· Work with high-temp fuel-gas and electric-arc flames.
· Infrared and Ultraviolet light / rays are present.
· Work-in-progress can be extremely hot in temperature.
· Sharp and/or heavy objects of many varieties are present on the factory floor, in all areas.
· Common machine shop equipment, rotatory power tools and manual fabrication
· Compressed gas (shop air), flammable as well as inert gases.
· Solvents such as Acetone and isopropyl alcohol
· Metal and non-metallic chips, shavings, filing, turning, and dust may be present
· High speed rotating parts and equipment.
· Potential projectiles
· Occasional high levels of noise.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Janis Research Company complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.
Welder / Solderer