By Light is hiring a Timing and Synchronization SME to join our team supporting a DOD customer. The SME provides expert support, analysis, and research into exceptionally complex problems, and processes. This position will serve as technical expert on executive-level project teams providing technical direction, interpretation and alternatives.
By Light provides a broad range of hardware, software, engineering, and IT integration services. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, we support defense, civilian, commercial, and health IT customers worldwide. We offer an excellent benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid time off, paid holidays, 401(k), and profit sharing.
- Acts as an advisor to staff members, customers, and mission partners on complex technical problems as it relates to the Timing and Synchronization project.
- Monitors the assessment of project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
- Develop engineering efficiencies and best practice solutions in support of the organization, customer, and mission partners.
- Must have ability to generates guidelines for circuit transition activities and provide to Government for review and approval.
- Initiate and coordinate with customers to plan sensitive customer timing feeds that will be transitioned to a replacement timing distribution device (SSU2000).
- Develop connectivity plans and best implementation methods for timing reference signals (feeds) from the newly installed clock core and/or the remote campus devices to the newly installed or existing timing distribution devices (SSU2000).
- Support the transition of all customer timing feeds from existing timing distribution device to newly install timing distribution devices in accordance with the Government approved MOP.
- Provide solutions for any functional/performance issues resulting from the transitioning of customer timing feeds to the new timing distribution devices.
- Develop site/project-specific system engineering designs (as applicable).
- Support the full spectrum of the acquisition lifecycle from opportunity capture to services delivery
- Shall proactively contact the designated site, Government POC(s), and mission partners for any additional information needed to obtain approval to begin site planning and preparation work in order to develop engineering designs and implementation plans for each site.
- Must perform or support site surveys to determine the specific MBOM and IBOM required to complete the implementation(s), identify required site preparation work (e.g. power upgrades), and confirm overall site suitability as a project site(s).
- Gather site information (existing equipment/configuration, racks, cabling, grounding/power, staging areas, etc.) and supporting documentation that enables the Contractor to develop a site engineering solution, site implementation plan, complete materials list (MBOM and IBOM), and current “as built” drawings.
- Responsible for circuit planning, engineering, and order writing to ensure the engineering solution not only accounts for the equipment that needs to be installed, but the circuits actions required to support the base equipment as well.
- Make the necessary updates in the Government’s configuration management system (currently identified as NCCM-R) to document the proposed engineering solution and implementation plan.
- Initiate and track Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) for installation of equipment at all pertinent locations.
- Execute the actions required to deliver a complete, active, and operational service for the customer.
- Upon requests, generate preliminary Method of Procedures (MOP) for transition activities and provide stakeholders a copy for review and approval.
- Support calibration/testing/troubleshooting (as necessary) to ensure all equipment, circuits, and services are successfully implemented. This includes transitioning all circuits to the new capability to ensure a fully operational and acceptable customer timing solution
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, or information technology management or technical discipline is required
- Experience in Timing and Synchronization architecture and design
- Related industry experience in information technology or engineering
- Working knowledge Microsoft Office Tools; specifically, Excel, Word, Visio and Project
- Excellent communication, effective leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with some of the following is desired: Microsemi, Zyfer CommSync II, Zyfer GPS Antenna, Finisar, Symmetricom, Cesium Clocks
- Experience working with DOD is desired
- Field Services experience is desired
- PMP is desired but not required
- Minimum DOD Secret clearance required
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities