Primary Purpose and Essential Functions: Perform tire and wheel maintenance, inspections and repairs. An individual that will be successful in this position would be open to change in a fast pace environment and be customer service oriented.
- Evaluate tire and wheel conditions on company owned equipment to ensure safety and tire life cycle.
- Perform tire inspections for failure analysis using failure analysis guidelines and make recommendations to maximize cost effectiveness.
- Manage the tire inventory according to Swift's tire program.
- Load and unload tires for shipping and receiving.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Skills: Demonstrated/proven superior customer service skills. Ability to read and understand repair manuals, understanding and ability to complete/fill tags and repair orders. Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Education: High School, GED or combination of training and/or experience required. Drivers license required.
- Experience Required: Entry-level knowledge of vehicle systems and basic vehicle maintenance preferred.