Summary: The Title Clerk will be responsible for the daily processing of vehicle titles. Through a thorough understanding of corresponding state and local title processing regulations and Custom Truck policies, the Title Clerk will answer questions; provide support and facilitate the CTOS experience through offering solutions to meet customer's needs. In addition, the Title Clerk will maintain file documentation, update customers on file status, and maintain accurate records of vehicle titling within company guidelines. The Title Clerk will be the face of the company through face to face and vocal interactions with all levels of customers which range from the general public to high level managers of organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Efficiently and accurately identify/analyze vehicle title/ownership documents within company guidelines.
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Process vehicle titles in accordance with state guidelines.
- Research missing and/or incorrect title paperwork and determine proper resolve in a timely manner.
- Communicate with customers via email or verbally to handle title issues daily.
- Build relationship and develop professional rapport with DMV and sellers.
- Maintain title bin filing as necessary.
- Title knowledge of local and surrounding states is preferred (including California).
- Perform other duties as assigned
The following are representative of the knowledge and skills necessary for an applicant to be successful in the role Title Clerk:
- High School degree or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of experience in an accounts receivable/payable role.
- 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing or retail company
- ADP, Reynolds & Reynolds or other ERP/DMS systems
- Prior vehicle title processing – heavy truck is a plus
- Notary License Preferred
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Word/Excel/Outlook Suite
- Extremely detail oriented and accurate.
- Good organizational skills to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Active listener with ability to give attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate
- Mathematical aptitude with ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Critical thinker with proven ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex problem solver with proven ability in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Active learner with ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Must be able to view a computer screen for a significant portion of the work day.
Competencies Required: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and schedules. Attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communication – Strong communicator and collaborator with existing teams via writing and verbal.
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Mathematics — Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing a positive service experience. This includes internal client needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free Food and Coffee
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Merchandise Discounts