The Title Examiner duties include examining searches and instrument copies, clearing title problems and preparing commitments.
- Duties include examining the chain of title for all of the company’s title orders, identifying and resolving title issues, determining insurability and issuing title commitments.
- Perform take down exams for company’s affiliated home building division transactions.
- Perform other duties as directed by the manager or as appropriate to share the office work- load to include but not limited to miscellaneous clerical duties and assisting local branches in closing transactions.
- High school degree or higher education level required.
- Three years specialized experience in performing title examination on real property with an underwriter, title agency or law firm is required.
- Practical knowledge of Federal, State and local regulations and procedures governing real estate issues to interpret decisions and opinions of the courts affecting land conveyances title, maps and interpreting land descriptions of varying complexity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Land Records Information System and the ability to interpret data retrieved from the computer system.
- Good writing skills and knowledge of standard phraseology and terminology commonly used in title policy writing.
- Proficiency with Windows 95/98 operating system, data retrieval applications, word processing (MS Word) and or higher applications required. Knowledge in other Microsoft applications or integrated packages is a plus.
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
- Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Arrive to work on time
- Follow directions from plant management
- Travel out of the office (must have own personal vehicle and applicable automobile insurance coverage under state law)
- Interact well with co-associates
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Work overtime during heavy volume periods
- Accept constructive criticism