The campus Title I Interventionist provides specialized instruction and intervention to identified students struggling in core content areas, monitors student progress through quantitative and qualitative measures, and provides recommendations regarding adjustments to student instructional plans.
- Education/Certification and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Valid Texas teacher’s certification
- Valid Texas ESL certification (preferred)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Knowledge of Texas Assessment Program, district curriculum, and Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of the RtI process and district documentation process
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of intervention techniques and programs to accelerate skill development
- Ability to use computers proficiently for word processing, development of presentations and record-keeping
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide daily focused instruction in small group settings in a push-in or pull-out model to support struggling students with making accelerated progress.
- Assist the classroom teacher in maintaining progress monitoring records and anecdotal information in order to effectively measure student progress while participating in given interventions.
- Use a variety of assessments and monitoring tools to help diagnose and prescribe individual students needs as well as monitor the progress of individual students daily and throughout the year.
- Participate in all required professional development and district level meetings. The Title I Interventionist is charged with acquiring the knowledge, skills, technology skills, and instructional intervention strategies necessary to effectively impact student achievement.
- Work collaboratively with district content area specialists and program directors.
- Meet regularly with the school administration to keep them abreast of student progress.
- Actively pursue opportunities for life-long learning and professional growth.
- Uphold and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and legal/local board policies.
- Other duties related to the improvement of student achievement as determined by the director.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Regular use of complex machines and equipment (desktop/laptop computer and software, presentation equipment, copy machines, etc.)
- Intermediate skill in Data Entry, Database, Presentation, Spreadsheet, Word Processing/Typing
- Google suite of applications
- Video conferencing technology
Physical / Environmental Factors:
Must maintain emotional control and exercise reasoning and problem-solving skills while under stress.
Must demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written).
Must be able to interpret procedures and analyze data for decision-making.
Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner. Observe all safety precautions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Responsive Education Solutions considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, marital status, veteran or military status, disability, or any other legally protected status. ResponsiveEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer