TLE: Teacher Assistant
- Demonstrated interest in and aptitude for work to be performed.
- Completed two years of study at an institution of higher learning or obtained an associate’s or higher degree or passed the OGAT or Par Pro Test.
REPORTS TO: Teacher
JOB GOAL: To provide opportunities for the teacher to attend to the individual needs of students.
- Checks and records student attendance.
- Distributes and collects workbooks, papers, and other materials for instruction.
- Corrects objective-type tests and quizzes and records grades
- Collects and records collection of money.
- Reads to students, listens to students read, and participates in other forms of oral communication with the students.
- Helps students master equipment or instructional material assigned by teacher.
- Keeps bulletin board and other classroom learning displays up to date.
- Operates equipment used in the classroom for instructional purposes.
- Assists students in the library or media center
- Assists with the supervision of students during lunch periods, assemblies, play periods, and on field trips.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Nine-month year. Salary to be established by the Board of Education.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with provisions of the Board’s policy.
Approved by: Date:
Reviewed and agreed to by: Date: