All applicants must complete the following additional forms(available at )and attach to the application, email to , or mail to TJJD Human Resources, PO Box 12757, Austin, TX78711 for consideration:
TJJD EmploymentApplication Supplement (HR-003)
Child Abuse RegistryCheck Consent Form (HR-028)
Disclosure of PREAEmployment Standards Violation (HR-975)
Failure to complete and submit the above forms will cause delays inyour consideration for this position.
APPLICATIONS MAYBE FILED ONLINE AT
A complete job description and requirements are availableat: .
APPLICATIONSSUBMITTED THROUGH WORK IN TEXAS
Applicants applying through Work In Texas (WIT) will alsoneed to complete the supplemental questions and forms to be considered for thisposting. To complete the supplementalquestions, please go to the CAPPS Career Center () toregister and create a profile, or login and access your existing profile. A complete job description and other jobrequirements are available there. Tocomplete the supplemental forms listed above, go to )and attach to the application, email to , or mailto TJJD Human Resources, PO Box 12757, Austin,TX 78711.
Send completed application, supplementalquestions/forms, and copies of diploma and college transcripts via email to or regular mail to TJJD Human Resources,PO Box 12757, Austin, TX 78711.
Your job application must be completely filledout and cover all employment. Yourapplication must contain complete job histories, which include job titles, nameof employer, dates of employment, supervisor’s name and phone number, and adescription of duties performed, and whether it was full-time or part-time andhours per week. If this information isnot provided, your application may be rejected as incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of thisrequired information.
Applicantsmust attach to the application a copy of a high school diploma/equivalent orcollege diploma and transcript if a degree or college semester hours arerequired to meet minimum qualifications.A copy of all required certifications and/or licenses must also beattached to the application.
Applicants must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check andany other requirements listed under Minimum Qualifications.
State of Texas Benefits and Retirement Informationcan be found at . Benefits include: Retirement plan, paid group health & life insurance for employee, paidholidays, paid vacation leave, paid sick leave, longevity pay, educationalassistance program, employee assistance program. Optional add-on benefits include: Dental, Vision, Optional Life Insurance,Voluntary AD&D Insurance, Dependent Health & Life insurance, Health& Dependent care flexible spending accounts, etc. Additionally, certain designated positions areeligible for hazardous duty pay, career ladder advancements, and free mealswhile on duty.
Determines operational, technical, and user support requirements for use and maintenance of agency wide criminal justice information systems (CJIS) used by agency stakeholders. Follows agile business modeling practices to ensure that CJIS applications meets agency and customer requirements, and that data integrity is maintained. Coordinates functional/technical support services to facilitate the use of enterprise wide CJIS applications. Works with the research division to provide system documentation, development of data quality assurance procedures, conducting quality assurance data audits, and planning and providing training for system users.
Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. May be required to travel and work in excess of 40 hours per work week.
Coordinates the service request life cycle through customer-related service request responses, business requirements coordination, technical specifications and related artifacts review, and monitoring system integration and user acceptance testing prior to implementation.
Coordinates the analysis of program policies and procedures to determine their effect on automated systems and system functional areas.
Coordinates and/or analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems; and coordinates and/or analyzes computer system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
Provides assistance to developers, systems analysts, IT operations team members, or customers on system applications and software; and provides production support to users of systems and applications, including on-site support as needed.
Provides complex quality assurance consultation to, or oversight of, projects, assignments, or special initiatives.
Provides staff and users with assistance regarding their business process workflow, such as, business/technology optimization and innovation.
Identifies potential project risks and difficulties, and designs strategies to mitigate or avoid them.
Reviews complex project deliverables such as project charters, design documentation, test plans, and risk assessment plans, and provides comments and suggestions to document owners.
Develops training curriculum and conducts formal training sessions covering assigned systems module.
Develops the design and/or review of test cases; processes change requests; and manages a project’s scope, acceptance, installation, and deployment.
Collaborates closely with business process area directors and managers to ensure accountability for business; confirms solution scope includes business case, user stories, user /system context diagrams and acceptance testing.
Provides excellent customer service and communicates effectively.
Collaborates with departmental staff in meeting established objectives and goals; shares information, identifies concerns and trends, and recommends improvements to resolve problems or enhance operations.
May lead and/or participate in developing corrective actions plans for projects or programs determined to be out of compliance with established policies or processes.
Monitors outcomes for racial, ethnic and gender disparities and takes action to address identified disparities.
Performs a variety of related duties not listed, to be determined and assigned as needed.
Performs all duties in compliance with agency safety policies and procedures:
• Reports safety hazards and corrects hazards when possible.
• Completes required documentation in the event of an accident/injury within requested time frames.
Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency attendance and leave policies.
High School diploma or equivalent. Ten (10) years of full-time wage earning experience in information technology, management information systems, computer science, data analysis, business administration, or providing technical support or consultative services in an IT environment.
• Bachelor’s degree with course work in business administration, computer science, management information systems, or a related field.
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or progress toward certification.
• Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or direct experience with project management process groups and knowledge areas.
• Experience in defining the business problem and primary objectives of new projects.
• Experience in leading cross-functional business process re-engineering teams and continuous improvement efforts.
• Experience managing projects for acquisition and implementation of potential software, hardware, and infrastructure solutions, including off-the-shelf and open source components, and the system architecture to ensure that they meet business requirements.
• Experience in creating functional requirements in use cases.
• Experience in visual modeling: work-flow diagrams or wireframe. Use of Visio or other diagramming tools.
• Basic knowledge of servers, databases, and client side technology.
• Basic understanding of IT infrastructure, related hardware, and IT network architecture.
• Knowledgeable on project management methodology.
• Familiarity with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Experience with Disaster Recovery plans understanding of Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
Experience and Education Substitutions:
• One year of appropriate experience may substitute for one year of college (30 course hours) on a year for year basis.
• Completed course hours of undergraduate study may substitute for up to four years of experience on a basis of 30 course hours for one year of experience.
• Completed course hours of graduate study may substitute for up to two years of experience on a basis of 12 graduate course hours for one year of experience.
• Pro-rated part-time experience may satisfy the experience requirements.
Note: Any degree, diploma, high school equivalent, or course hours required to meet minimum qualifications must be from an accredited educational institution.
Thefollowing physical demands and working conditions are representative of thoseencountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made toenable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
Ability to see
Ability to hear (with or without aid)
Operate motor equipment
Heavy lifting, up to 25 lbs.
Heavy carrying, up to 25 lbs.
Reaching above shoulder
Dual simultaneous grasping
• Computers and ability to use common software programs (Excel, PowerPoint).
• Software development life cycle and systems development life cycle concepts.
• Business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Project management principles and practices.
• Business analysis methodologies; in analyzing and evaluating complex information technology programs, policies, and issues.
• Developing creative and workable solutions to complex problems and issues.
• Analyze and interpret technical information including regulations, policies, and automation system documentation/specifications.
• Communicate in writing.
• Translate user/business needs into a technical style.
• Communicate technical instructions to systems users, and to analyze, evaluate, and integrate business rules into system requirements.
• Exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
• Work with a multi-disciplinary team, coordinates with staff, and meets deadlines.
• Communicate the activities and objectives of the division to the team for the purpose of developing appropriate measures and data collection processes.
• Develop performance measures, implement performance-based management, or collecting performance measure data.
• Gather, assemble, correlate, and analyze facts and prepare reports.
• Communicate effectively and explain policies and procedures to staff.
• Process information logically, make decisions, and to demonstrate the soundness of those decisions.
• Prioritize and manage multiple tasks; plan, organize, and coordinate work assignments; and meet deadlines.
• Work collaboratively with all stakeholders and maintain a professional, courteous demeanor.
• Supervise the work of others.
• Travel and work in excess of 40 hours per work week.
In order to receive veteran’s preference, a copy of your DD Form214 (Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty), VA disabilityrating (if applicable), or a DD Form 1300 (Report of Casualty) must be attachedto your application.
Go to ,,or for assistance translating your military experience and training courses intocivilian job terms, qualifications/requirements, and skill sets.
AdditionalMilitary Occupational Specialty (MOS) Code or Crosswalk information isavailable from the Texas State Auditor’s Office at MOS Codes.
If you are scheduled for an interview and require anyreasonable accommodation in our interview process, please inform the hiringrepresentative who calls you to schedule your interview. Whenever possible, please give the hiringrepresentative sufficient time to consider and respond to your request.
Only candidates selected for an interview willbe contacted.
Due to the high volume of applications, we do not accept telephonecalls. If yousubmitted your application through the CAPPS Career Center (), you mayalso check the status of your application by accessing your profile andselecting My Jobpage and selecting My Submissions.
Thank you for considering employment with theTexas Juvenile Justice Department.
ANEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERThe Texas Juvenile Justice Department does notdiscriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,or disability in employment or the provision of services.