Open Until Filled
The Wyoming Department of Transportation (WYDOT) is seeking a Highway Maintenance Specialist in Sheridan, Wyoming to aid and assist the striping foreman in accomplishing the District Traffic Strategic Plan for District Striping Crew work operations, which includes the maintenance of and installation of new highway striping on various Federal and State highway systems within the District for the safety of the employees and the traveling public. To see what life at WYDOT can mean for you, we invite you to view below:
Enjoy all historic Western Sheridan has to offer! At the foot of the Big Horn Mountains, you'll have easy access to hunting, fishing, camping, ATV trails, skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, golfing, other outdoor activities, and too many festivals and events to mention. Don't forget the famous WYO Rodeo held in July and February! Constant events are held at Sheridan College for you to enjoy. Feel like city activities? Billings, Montana is less than two hours away. And Wyoming is one of only seven states with no income tax!
Human Resource Contact: 307-674-2318 Jenny Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Safely operates and trains others to operate complex machinery in specialized applications.
- Conducts striping operations on various Federal and State highways within the District, using specialized heavy-duty mobile manufacturing equipment, applying all striping materials to strict specifications and standards.
- Conducts layout work for the proper positioning of the installation of new pavement marking on various Federal and State highway systems to ensure that all highway striping conforms to all Federal and State regulations and corresponding legal ramifications.
- Installs and maintains Reference Marker System on Federal and State highways within the District to assist with milepost markers used by law enforcement, emergency vehicles, WYDOT, and the private sector.
- Trains incumbents in the operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Performs and oversees all maintenance tasks.
- Under limited supervision, flags traffic and sets up traffic control devices.
- Operates single and tandem axle trucks, equipped with striper, auger, aerial lift equipment, or equipped with plows, wing plow, sander, and chemical systems to remove snow and ice from roadway surface.
- Responsible for the rehabilitation of roadway surfaces and traffic control devices such as signs and highway striping.
- Observes, verifies, and documents work activities of Highway Maintenance Assistants and Highway Maintenance Technicians.
- Assists the manager in planning, assigning and supervising.
- Provides advice and assistance on repair procedures needed for highways, equipment, and buildings.
- Serves as a technical resource.
- Communicates project information and proposed courses of action and/or subsequent consequences.
- Provides input to performance evaluations for Highway Maintenance Assistants and Highway Maintenance Technicians.
- Provides work direction to a crew on a daily basis.
- Provides leadership and guidance to others while performing duties related to snow and ice removal.
- Attends and completes all required training in order to obtain/maintain required certifications, perform inspections, and learn new skills.
- Utilizes special computerized equipment.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Sheridan, Wyoming
Agency: 045-WYDOT-Chief Engineer - District Traffic