Toddler Head Teacher
JCC of Stamford
1035 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
The JCC Preschool at Greenwich Reform Synagogue in Cos Cob is seeking a Toddler Head Teacher who will lead the class with the help of an assistant. We are seeking an individual who has experience working with children who are 18-36 months of age, someone who is innovative, takes initiative, engaging, and can foster positive relationship with coworkers, parents, and JCC members.
A Toddler Head Teacher will create lesson plans and work as a team to execute the developmentally appropriate activities. A great teacher is one who actively seeks out ways in which to engage the class, is reliable, is able to easily form relationships with young children and can work in collaboration with his/her assistant teacher. The goal is to form a nurturing environment in the classroom.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Providing care to each child at a developmentally appropriate level
- Collaborating closely with assistant teacher
- Maintaining supervision and safety of the children at all times
- Remaining in compliance with OEC regulations
- Reporting to the Preschool Director and following through with assignments
- Attending monthly staff meetings
- Accepting responsibility for specific assignments at the discretion of the Director
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Posesses a warm, loving, and nurturing personality
- Must have experience working with young children
- Ability to sit on the floor and engage young children during play time
The Stamford Jewish Community Center is a cultural, educational and recreational center, offering exceptional programs, classes and special events designed to enrich the mind, body and spirit. While we are driven by the Jewish values of welcoming guests, kindness, respect, and communal responsibility, we warmly welcome people of all ages, faiths, ethnicities and backgrounds.