Generally knowledgeable of all machine tool operations, especially manual machines, i.e. vertical milling,
lathes and grinders. Must be capable of producing finished work from blueprint without the benefit of process
assistance (prototype work). Knowledgeable in dimensional control of quality (close tolerance) products and
competent in drawing interpretation and geometric tolerances.
- Produce fixtures or special tools from a drawing or sketch.
- Work directly with engineering on prototype parts.
- Run small lot sized production parts.
- Produce and assemble tooling and fixtures.
- Perform inspection on finished parts i.e. true position tolerances and measurements.
- Perform maintenance, sharpening and customizing of manufacturing tools.
- Perform bench-type processes to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies, using basic hand tools, and electronic and pneumatic tooling.
- Use of basic gaging tools to verify mechanical measurements.
- Read basic blueprints, test schematics and procedures.
- Reports discrepancy to Operation Manager.
- Individual has the authority and responsibility to complete assigned tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Five - Ten Years’ experience as a Toolmaker in a Machine Shop.
Electronic assembly experience a plus.
Candidate MUST be a team player, very flexible, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at once.