Looking for a chance to work for the world's largest manufacturer & distributor of of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration units? Look no further! This company is currently hiring for skilled Tool & Die Makers to join their team located in Indianapolis, IN. Their 500,000+ sqft facility holds over a thousand employees (13 in the tool room!), as well as a large variety of industrial machines. For over 100 years, this organization has successfully become the leader in their industry by upholding strong traditions and positive culture.
This is a unionized corporation and offers plenty of training opportunities for their employees. In this role, you will be exposed to new types of products/machines and continue to grow your skill-set!
This is 2nd shift position shift Monday-Thursday from 5PM - 3:30 AM (4/10).
There are also plenty of overtime opportunities available throughout the weekend (Friday through Sunday).
- 1 week of vacation after the first year
- 10-12 holidays
- Sick time
- Medical/dental/vision insurance (options for dependents)
- 401k plans
- Pet insurance
- Attendance bonuses & tuition reimbursement program (after the 1st year of employment)
- Fun company events such as catered lunches, holiday parties, softball tournaments, etc.
- Construct/repair or alter tools, jigs, fixtures, punches, dies, etc.
- Assemble dies and fixtures
- Perform inspections
- Utilize all required machine and fabricating operations including heat treating annealing, hardening, grinding, and sharpening
- Experience as a tool and die machinist in a CNC manufacturing environment
- Previous knowledge of the following machines: Manual and CNC machines, surface grinders, EDM drilling machines, Wire EDM
- AutoCAD background preferred
- Journeyman card/certificate required OR ability to pass the company's assessment test
- Ability to prioritize projects as the work environment depends
- Be able to work independently
AMC is an an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.