JOB DUTIES SUMMARY:
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates all machine tools and equipment necessary to make,
alter, or repair a wide variety of complicated tools, jigs, fixtures, dies, molds, and
gauges, and performs required bench operations such as die assembling, laying out,
fitting, adjusting, and assembling.
- Lays out work from samples, blueprints, or sketches. Tool Makers select machines and
Make determinations about operation sequences. They make set-ups and selects tooling,
speeds, and feeds, and performs required machine and bench operations.
- Diagnoses and remedies trouble on all machine tooling. Dismantles machine
tooling and replaces worn or defective parts. Makes fixtures for machines where
parts are not standard.
- May require in-press die repair and trouble shooting on progressive, transfer or other die set
- May perform other duties from time to time of assisting maintenance in machine
repair work. Assists and instructs others. Maintains good housekeeping practices
in working area.
- This job will require the performance of other tasks as directed by a supervisor. Other dutiesmay include limited guidance duties (i.e. answering phone, redirecting employee questions, etc.) in the absence of a supervisor
SKILL SUMMARY: Requires a thorough knowledge of shop math, machine and
hand tools, measuring instruments and working properties of various metals. Employees must be thoroughly experienced in the construction, alteration or repair of all tools, dies, fixtures, and gauges. Requires a high degree of ability to plan and perform work of a difficult nature where only general methods of procedure are available. Tool & Die Makers must be able to work with only general supervision.
Must have a Journeyman's card orproof of eight years experience in that trade. Equivalent hours of credit will be awarded for Military experience, technical course work as well as technical manufacturing experience such as CNC programming, etc.