Wiegel Tool Works isa precision metal stamper that manufacturers have partnered with for more than 75 years. The Wiegel family's competitive nature drives our continual investment in machinery, technology, and people. WTW specializes in complete turnkey packages including engineering, prototypes, tool construction, and wire/EDM.
The Tool & Die Maker is responsible for making and repairing tools, dies, and fixtures for continuous run punch press and related metal fabricating machines. May be assigned to specific tool room capacity and/or provide back up to other tool room personnel.
- Checks and inspects die for wear and maintenance issues. Evaluates problems and implements immediate solutions to reduce problem recurrence. Uses hand and hand power tools to disassemble die for cleaning and repair. Wipes and cleans die. Performs routine and complex repairs
- Sets up and operates various machine tools to make or repair tools, dies, fixtures and to sharpen tools. Performs setup and operation of grinders, drills, mills, lathes and various hand tools.
- Plans sequence of operations and performs one or more setups to accomplish required machining operations.
- Check blueprint and die specifications. Uses micrometer, calipers, and fixed or adjustable gauges as needed to insure specified tolerances are met or exceeded.
- Operates various machine tools to build dies, construct fixtures, fabricates prototypes and machine close tolerance metal parts. May make recommendations about design of die.
- Operates die lifter, lift truck, overhead or jib crane, and related material handling equipment to lift, move, and handle die; lifts, moves and handles items using safe lifting techniques.
- Performs routine operator maintenance to machines. Troubleshoots production lines, dies and other mechanical tooling. Lubricates machine, checks oil levels, greases fittings, wipes spills, clears away scrap or trash.
- Maintains records related to die operations, quality, etc. Reviews records, notifies superior, or takes corrective action to maintain quality and production standards.
- May train or instruct others on machining techniques, die maintenance, or repair.
- May be assigned predominately to one area such as EDM wire, sensor, die repair, prototyping, etc.
- Certified Journeyman Tool and Die Maker.
- Seven years of experience as a Tool and Die Maker.
- Ability to use a variety of tool room equipment.
- Read and understand Blue Prints, Piece Prints and GDT and understand and use a variety of measuring equipment (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges, etc.).
- Advanced Math skills including calculation of feeds, speeds and distances, print conversion and geometry.
- Good communication skills including the ability to receive and give oral and written instruction.
- Organizational skills to optimize output by planning and scheduling time and work.
- The ability to interface with customers, management, suppliers, and other employees.
If you have a track record showing your ability to consistently excel working with close tolerance and complex progressive tool and die applications with a focus in EDM Wire set up and operation in a metal stamping environment, we want to talk with you.
Benefits Paid vacation and holidays; tuition reimbursement, retirement savings options, direct deposit, group health, prescription and life insurance; supplemental insurance options are available.
We perform a functional capacity assessment and drug screening as part of our application process; we utilize the e-verify system upon hire.
For questions regarding any of our open positions listed, please email HR@WiegelToolWorks.com.