Job Title: Tool Maker
Our Mission: At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Who we are: STERIS is a growing provider of infection prevention and other procedural products and services through our family of wholly owned subsidiaries.
Build and maintain production fixtures, dies, gages, and jigs to be used in manufacturing products.
- Assist tool design in the development and implementation of fixtures for new product lines.
- Build/repair tooling required for production.
- Assist maintenance by making/modifying equipment parts.
- Perform mathematical calculations (i.e., trigonometry) to obtain x and y coordinates for machined features.
- Type memos to keep leadership informed on projects.
- Assist with the training of the production machinists.
- Trouble shoots various problems (i.e., improper tooling, dull tools, wrong machined feature, etc.) and develops
corrective action to prevent reoccurrence.
- High school graduate or GED; Technical school certificate preferred
- Minimum five years machining/metal removal methods.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and production specifications.
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments and gauges.
- Strong math skills and the ability to apply them.
- Demonstrated ability to use tool room equipment and machines.
- Ability to program CNC machining equipment.
- Ability to make decisions and stay quality focused
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and members of the leadership team
- Assist with training other Tool and Die Makers.
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions, both written and oral.
- Ability to adapt to conditions as dictated by business requirements.
- Ability to work with others.
- Willingness to work overtime, if required.
- Knowledge, understanding and application of Lean Manufacturing tools, such as, 5S, Kanban Inventory,
Visual Management, Waste elimination, and Root Cause Problem Solving are preferred.
STERIS plc is a $2B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with more than 14,000 employees worldwide. We are dedicated to providing our Customers with innovative infection prevention, decontamination, and health science technologies, products and services.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
We assure you that your opportunity for employment depends solely on your qualifications. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation(s) to complete this application and/or during the interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources department at 440-392-7047.
Nearest Major Market: Montgomery
Job Segment: Medical, Machinist, Infection Control, CNC, Healthcare, Manufacturing