Our established, global manufacturing firm is looking for a Tooling / Tool Room Manager to lead our tooling team in Muskegon Michigan. Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, the Tool Room Manager will focus on driving continuous improvement into the tooling development and construction process, developing a strong tooling team and organizing work, tools and personnel to achieve cost, quality and delivery targets.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- 10-15+ Years of Journeyman level stamping die build experience, with 3-5 in a leadership role.
- Hungry: Willing and eager to drive change, improvement and excellence.
- Smart: Strong understanding of your role in creating and maintaining a positive team dynamic.
- Humble: Willing to learn, listen and participate in continuous improvement activities across disciplines.
- Organized & Process oriented: 5S, workflows, data management, tooling design records, schedule attainment are key areas of focus for the tooling team.
- Servant Oriented: There will be times when hands on tooling work is required, but the key to success in this leadership role will be getting the most and best out of others.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The tool room manager leads the planning, design and construction efforts for Michigan Spring and Stamping custom metal forming tools. Ensures the staff, tools, and equipment are aligned with the needs of the organization of the construction of progressive dies, multi-slide dies, jigs, fixtures and machine tools.
Responsibilities of the Tool Room Manager:
- Provides leadership and ultimate responsibility for new tooling builds, replacement and repairs
- Responsible for quotations on new products
- Provides project planning and scheduling to team members
- Coordinate internal and external resources in the quoting, design and construction of new tooling
- Evaluate and recommend existing processes
- Develop new technologies and innovative solutions
- Contributes to yearly business plans and budget process
- Builds a strong Tooling Team
- Participates as a member of the Engineering Team
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical Field (Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Engineering Technology or Machining Technology, etc.)
- Minimum of ten years tool making experience including one to two years in supervision. Journeyman experience preferred.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally required as needed.
- Experience in the automotive or aerospace industries is required.
BenefitsIf you ask our employees why they love working at Michigan Spring and Stamping, they will tell you it’s because of the great people they get to work with every day, the flexibility and job security we provide and the daily opportunities which keep them motivated. We are a medium sized company right where you want to be and where you can really make a difference.
In addition to a great work environment, we offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package. Within our benefits package; affordable medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, long and short term disability (at no cost to you), 401k with company match, profit sharing, generous educational reimbursement policy, vacation and flexible schedules.
Company Overview: Michigan Spring and Stamping is part of the Kern-Liebers (www.kern-liebers.com/en) Group of companies. We are industry leaders in developing innovative manufacturing and inspection technology, assisting our customers to improve their products, adhering to quality initiatives, and delivery performance. Michigan Spring and Stamping has the financial and technical backing of a large multi-national company while maintaining our small company identity. We are committed to bringing customers the superior products, service, and support they need to succeed globally now, and into the next century. Michigan Spring and Stamping supplies the stringent, fast paced, global automotive, medical and consumer goods markets with key dynamic component parts that are designed, developed, processed, & manufactured in Muskegon and our Kern-Liebers Group partner companies around the globe.