Job DescriptionJob #: 1008528
- Responsible for generating complex aircraft tool design, drawing, sketches, lofting data from Electronic Data or a Master Tool.
- Retain/gather the details and requirements for each tool from respected operator, Manufacturing /Project/Quality Engineer before fabrication.
- Approve and release complete Work Order with instructions for the tool shop or outside vendor to manufacture tools.
- Assist tool shop and outside vendors as needed during tool design/fabrication.
- Trouble shoot and resolve tooling, tooling design/fabrication and material used.
- Take complete ownership of the tool design/fabrication from concept through completion and acceptance (Form, Fit & Function).
- Also, insure that the tool meets all safety aspects, weight, structural integrity, manufacturing/operating demands, and ergonomic requirements.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Design Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar technical discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in aircraft Tooling Design, Drafting and Mathematical/Engineering principals.
- Must have experience with CATIA
- Must possess knowledge of materials, material strengths and uses, material behavior & heat treatment methods for tool fabrication.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178-6178.