Cleveland OH (West Side)
- Designs and/or procures production tooling for layup, machining and assemblies using specifications or department/customer guidelines and requirements.
- Works under general direction only and independently determines and develops tooling solutions.
- Considers safety, product assembly requirements, human factors and throughput in tool design.
- Designing new tools, developing new tooling methods, building innovative tools, and revamping tooling standards to reduce production costs.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, gauge blocks, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Design and develop new tools and dies, using computer-aided design software; along with designing jigs, fixtures, and templates for use as work aids.
- Study blueprints, sketches, models, or specifications to plan sequences of operations for fabricating tools, dies, or assemblies.
- Coordinate the timely and cost-effective introduction of new tooling projects.
- Set up and operate conventional or CNC machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to cut, bore, grind, or otherwise shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Inspect finished dies for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Conduct test runs with completed tools or dies and check for defects to ensure that parts meet specifications, making adjustments as necessary.
- Develop and maintain process documentation
- Complete assigned work in the allotted time and maintain the production levels.
- Provide tooling problem solving and trouble-shooting to assist manufacturing in meeting efficiency and quality goals.
- Inspect and report product, equipment/tools or machine defects or malfunctions
- Create Standard Operating Procedures for manufacturing and assembly.
- Ensure work meets quality standards and is performed according to established procedures.
- Perform other tasks as directed by your supervisor.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred but will consider experience in lieu of Degree
- Journeyman Tool and Die Certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience in die design/tooling.
- MUST be proficient with3D CAD/CAM software (SolidWorks/Mastercam)
- Must have knowledge and experience with utilizing all types of precision measurement equipment.
- Proficient in tool room inspection equipment.
- Team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.