Distinctive Plastics is the West Coast Premier supplier of Technical Injection Molding Services. Along with conventional injection molding of thermoplastics we also offer specialty services such as 2-shot, In-Mold Decoration & Vertical Insert Molding. Established in 1981, we have had continual, controlled growth. We are currently looking for a Tooling Project Manager to join our team in the greater San Diego area. The Tooling Project Manager will follow and guide projects from inception clear through to being established in successful production.
· Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assist the Sales and engineering teams to develop quotations for tooling & production using our MRP system.
· Interface with customers to assure that the scope of the project including all expectations are clearly understood and documented.
· Develop and coordinate project teams using suppliers and internal departments as needed to successfully complete projects.
· Interface with the project team to assure that all team members are fully briefed and understand the scope of the project including all customer expectations, all milestones and deadlines.
· Make a coordinated effort to assure that projects are executed on time while assuring that all customer expectations have been met.
· Evaluate engineering and tooling solutions including review of Injection Mold designs to assure they meet the needs of the customer and production department.
· Track progress of projects and communicate via established time line system to customers and venders in order to drive projects to timeline conformity while ensuring product quality and customer satisfaction.
· Address any conflicts in the schedule and develop creative solutions that will satisfy customer expectations.
· Coordinate mold testing with the scheduling & production departments and be intimately involved in the first Article Inspection process and arranging for customer review.
· Summarize and evaluate all projects for effectiveness, punctuality and customer satisfaction documenting the summary in the permanent record.
· Courteous, respectful and professional to all customers, vendors and co-workers.
· Self-motivated individual with a positive “Can-Do” attitude and Excellent Organizational and communication skills.
· A team player that is as willing to listen as well as contribute to problem solving measures.
· At least 5 years in the injection molding technical field, familiar with the processes and capabilities of the practice.
· Familiarity with most common plastics used in injection molding. Mold making experience is a plus.
· Associates degree in an engineering discipline; Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline preferred.
· Familiar with CAD programs for DWG files and solid models. Able to read and understand engineering drawings and geometric tolerances.
· Familiar with Microsoft Office programs such a Word, Excel, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint.
· Familiarity with ISO13485 and medical validation (IQ, OQ & PQ) is a plus.