DRiV Motorparts is a world leader in the international automotive aftermarket built from the combined strengths of Tenneco, Federal-Mogul and Öhlins with 31 of the best known and respected aftermarket brands, including 14 brands 100 years or older. Our colleagues throughout 25 countries around the world work as one team, driving advancements that help our customers get the most from every vehicle, every ride, every race and every journey.
We are looking for a Tooling Supervisor. This position willSupervise the Die Construction Team, Repair Team, and Apprentices. Responsible for CNC machining, wire EDM, CNC programming, die assembly, and die repair functions in the Tooling Division. Facilitate the accurate and timely manufacture of new die prototype and production dies, and the repair/re-manufacture of damaged production dies and components.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Supervise Die Construction and Repair Teams; establish and manage multiple priorities in a very dynamic environment; plan daily work schedule across multiple shifts to maximize productivity of machines and resources.
- Ensure the programming, machining, wire EDM, and grinding functions produce accurate die components at or below quoted cost, within customer lead times.
- Ensure new production and prototype dies are built accurately, on time, and at or under quoted cost; work closely with Tool Engineering to establish and manage priorities, discuss design/build improvements, and ensure quality/cost/timeliness goals are met; work closely with Die Repair team to ensure production customers’ needs are met.
- Develop and train Tool & Die Apprentices; recommend pace and content of apprenticeship training program; tailor training to individuals’ abilities to keep them challenged.
- Work closely with Product Engineering, Process Engineering, Quality, and Production areas, to support their tooling needs.
- Recommend, develop, and implement component manufacturing and die assembly process improvements to improve quality, reduce cost, or improve timeliness; develop innovative solutions to tooling problems/challenges; troubleshoot tools in production or debug.
- Coach department employees to further develop their skills and abilities; effectively manage change.
- Provide a healthy and safe work place for employees by identifying and eliminating hazards.
- Communicate and reinforce Quality Policy and Business Objectives and EHS rules and regulations.
- Properly report, investigate, and implement corrective actions to quality problems and safety incidents.
- Target to reduce customer concerns and external and internal PPM and to Eliminate, Reduce, Reuse, or Recycle natural resources.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge of machining, wire EDM, and stamping tools; extensive knowledge of tool room operations and stamping tool build processes; knowledge of metal-forming and related manufacturing processes; knowledge of Skokie manufacturing equipment and processes; knowledge of current tool manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to manage projects to cost and time constraints.
- Ability to read and interpret part prints and tool design prints. Ability to write business correspondence.
- Analytical abilities necessary to plan and prioritize work, complete work on schedule and maintain required records.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work with variety of staff.
- Demonstrated skills in the operation of various computer programs including Excel, Word, email, tool room database software.
- Knowledge of the principles of PPAP.