The Tooling Technician performs a variety of tasks in the tooling department.
The candidate will maintain, repair and replace molds. Worker should be able to do common mold repairs with minimum supervision. Will report to the Tooling Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performing assigned day-to-day tooling needs and associated system tasks, including demand work requests, planned work tasks, and other assigned projects. Keeping management informed of the status of all work completed, in process or planned in a timely manner.
• Be able to do common mold repairs with minimum supervision.
• Tasks to include replace pins and other mold components, help with engineering changes and mold repairs, help with fixtures and jigs, and make replacement parts.
• Perform polishing, cleaning, hand working, and help with troubleshooting.
• Help with scheduled maintenance of molds.
• Should be able to work both inside and out of the press.
Adhere to established company policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations. Wear personal protective equipment in accordance with training guidelines.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• Proficient in the use of general toolroom machines, to include milling machine, engine lathe, and surface grinder
• EDM skills, a plus
• Self-motivated, disciplined and cooperative
• Must be able to take instructions and work well with others
• Must have good attendance
• Must demonstrate good judgment
• Must have the desire to learn
Compensation: Based on experience.
AFTER 3 MONTHS OF EMPLOYMENT:
CCP, Inc. is a family-owned and operated (ISO 9001:2000 registered) custom injection molder of thermoplastics with finishing and assembly capabilities. Located in Burlington, North Carolina, CCP offers complete engineering assistance and support, and provides a wide range of value-added secondary services.