TORMAX Configurator Programmer Developer
The TORMAX Configurator Programmer Developer is a direct report to the Head of Product Management/Development.
It will be the daily responsibilities of the Configurator Programmer Developer to maintain the correctness of the product configurator programming. The product configurator is a graphical user interface (GUI) utilized by the Sales Support department to define each product’s build options based on customer input. The underlying programming serves to define the large matrix of options as well as to populate a product’s build components & communicate instructions to fabrication & assembly workers.
On a weekly basis, the Configurator Programmer Developer will take part in a comprehensive progress and planning review with the department head of all current & future projects.
On a less frequent basis, the Configurator Programmer Developer will attend meetings with various department representatives to compile information on new product configurator implementations. The Configurator Programmer Developer shall be equipped to promptly provide recommendations for configurator solutions.
- Maintain correctness of product configurator via offline testing, debugging, & modifying of BASIC-based coding.
- Document revision history of product configurator changes
- Manage product configurator Error Reporting Database
- Expand current product configurator to include all existing products and/or new product options
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge & understanding of current & past product components, assemblies, & manufacturing processes
Education and Training Requirements
- One (1) to four (4) years of programming related experience
- Familiarity with EXCEL & VBA programming techniques
- First & foremost, this individual must demonstrate a natural propensity to solve problems with strengths in logical & critical thinking techniques
- Experience in basic computer programming concepts & functions and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products with an emphasis on Excel & VBA coding
- Excellent communication, documentation, and organizational skills
Other Qualifications (helpful but not required)
- Familiarity with ProvideX programming language may be useful as the product configurator operates within SAGE 100 ERP software.
- A mechanical background & a hands-on natured individual is advantageous to this position.