WideOrbit is the technology platform for connecting audiences and ads, everywhere. We simplify ad transactions by focusing on innovation, customer delight, and value creation. Chances are if there’s an ad on your local TV or radio station, we helped put it there. Our customers include NBCUniversal, AMC Networks, Entercom Communications, Nexstar Media, Gray Television, TEGNA, and many other top media companies around the world.
WideOrbiters are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing and having fun!
WideOrbit is looking to add an experienced, data-driven Benefits Manager with a passion and curiosity for all things benefits related, to its’ talented HR team. The Benefits Manager’s primary responsibilities will include: design, management and implementation of a total rewards strategy to sustain a work environment that attracts, motivates, retains and rewards every level of employee; managing the day-to-day activities and support of all Total Rewards Programs; and recommending iterations to drive maximum impact, compliance and cost effectiveness.
It's an exciting time at WideOrbit and in HR as we are developing and rolling out new initiatives, programs and projects. Come be a part of a dynamic team doing great things!
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Design ongoing total rewards strategy and identify and implement actions needed to bring strategy to life
- Provide data analysis and ROI on total rewards plan
- Collect and leverage feedback from employees to evolve the total rewards approach
- Design and manage benefits programs, including health, 401k, life, disability, medical savings accounts, paid time off, LOA, and voluntary plans
- Manage day- to-day activities of all benefit/incentive programs, including monthly billing, committee meetings, provide support for employees, create and distribute informational materials, new hire orientation support, benefits open enrollment, ongoing new employee benefits enrollment, and annual audits
- Analyze and make benefits recommendations using internal and external data, including industry trends, best practices, tax and legislative requirements
- Manage vendor/broker/partner relationships, including but not limited to compensation, benefits, retirement, LOA, workers compensation and ergonomics
- Evaluate internal equity of compensation and total rewards program to drive a high-performing culture
- Develop, document and refine procedures to streamline processes and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and work with HR leader(s) to educate teams
- Recommend new processes and restructure established processes to ensure they are cost effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives
- Responsible for compliance with current and future laws in the area of compensation and benefits including FLSA, SF laws, ERISA and ACA, in partnership with HR Ops
- Advise leadership of the impact legislation will have on both the company and employees by analyzing pending and proposed legislation related to benefits
- Prepare board of directors/compensation committee materials, which may include analysis of market/peer company compensation practices
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years’ experience designing and administering total rewards program for a multi-state employer
- Deep knowledge of benefits, programs and compliance including 401(k), medical/vision/dental plans, ACA, ERISA, ADA, FMLA and disability programs across multiple states and SF
- Compensation design and administration experience
- Experience assessing jobs/positions under FLSA exemption guidelines
- Successful track record of building partnerships and negotiating contracts with vendors
- Strong analytical, quantitative, data management and reporting skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-up with an appreciation of complexity and risk
- Proven ability to support a remote workforce
- Ability to operate with flexibility and adapt quickly to a fast-changing environment
- Proactive problem solver with a passion for creating simple solutions
- Ability to manage cross-functional projects
- Accountable, credible, hard-working, collaborative, and freely shares knowledge and assists team members
- Confident and effective communicator
- Experience generating and presenting benefits/compensation information to a wide variety of audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Finance preferred
This position will be based in our San Francisco, CA office
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, sabbatical leaves, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and plenty of opportunities to grow!